[comp.sys.amiga] IBM RGB Monitor W/ Amiga?

pan@kursa.usc.edu (Jason C. Pan) (08/15/88)

Hello netland!

I am seriously considering getting an Amiga 500 (maybe 2000??) in the near
future, I was wondering if I can use my IBM RGB color monitor with the
Amiga Computers, the monitor's input is not Analog, the manual calls it
"TTL level R.G.B.I".

Any info would be greatly appreciated, send replies to:

pan@kursa.usc.edu

Thanks in advance!

Jason C. Pan                        Internet: pan@kursa.usc.edu
Sun/DEC Consultant                  UUCP  : ...!sdcrdcf!oberon!kursa!pan
University Computing Services       Bitnet: pan@uscvm,pan@uscvaxq

pan@sal28.usc.edu (Jason C. Pan) (08/26/88)

In article <11599@oberon.USC.EDU> I wrote:
>Hello netland!
>
>I am seriously considering getting an Amiga 500 (maybe 2000??) in the near
>future, I was wondering if I can use my IBM RGB color monitor with the
>Amiga Computers, the monitor's input is not Analog, the manual calls it
>"TTL level R.G.B.I".

I have received quite a few replies, I would like to thank all of you
that replied, especially cmcmanis@sun.com and ari@cunix.cc.columbia.edu

I was really surprised by the number of replies I receive, I guess this
is the place to go for support instead of calling Commodore's Hotline
BTW I am getting my Amiga next week, anybody interested in a "slightly used"
IBM XT? :-)

Below is a summary of the replies:

---
Yes, it is possible to connect an Amiga to a digital RGB monitor, but
you will need to get the right cable or make a custom cable for it.
The catch is that you will only be able to display 16 of the 4096 colors
the Amiga offers.
---
Jason C. Pan                        Internet: pan@kursa.usc.edu
University Computing Services       UUCP  : ...!sdcrdcf!oberon!kursa!pan
University of Southern California   Bitnet: pan@uscvm,pan@uscvaxq
(213)743-2957                       CIS : 73307,204