[comp.sys.amiga] linking binaries in assembler

steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) (08/29/88)

Does anyone out there (probably Mark Riley) know a way to
BLINK a binary file onto an object file?  What I am trying
to do is something like,

BLINK from myprog.o+IFFSOUNDFILE to myprog.exe

and then use a command such as

   lea  IFFSOUNDFILE,a0

and then perform a function to play that data.

BLINK wont let me do it because it wont allow me to link
data that is not an object module.  This problem is
relavent also if I wanted to have pictures or whatever
and the program to show them all within one executable.

Am I going about this all wrong?  Im pretty sure there
MUST be some way to do this, but I havnt been able to
find it.

Thanks,

p.s. Yes, I'm one of the few die-hard assembly programmers
left.. Seems as if we're becoming extinct.  :-(

   UUCP:  ....!crash!pro-charlotte!steelie    | Pro-Charlotte - (704) 567-0029
   ARPA:  crash!pro-charlotte!steelie@nosc.mil| 300/1200/2400 baud  24 hrs/day
   INET:  steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com       | Log in as "register"

koster@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David Ashley) (08/29/88)

In article <3370@crash.cts.com> steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) writes:
>Does anyone out there (probably Mark Riley) know a way to
>BLINK a binary file onto an object file?  What I am trying
>to do is something like,
>
>BLINK from myprog.o+IFFSOUNDFILE to myprog.exe
>
>and then use a command such as
>
>   lea  IFFSOUNDFILE,a0

I have the program below, which takes any file and turns it into 68000 data
statements like
	dc	$1234,$2234,$2343,.....
Which you can then assemble, to create an object file.

>p.s. Yes, I'm one of the few die-hard assembly programmers
>left.. Seems as if we're becoming extinct.  :-(

I wouldn't worry about us becoming extint. That just means our services are
that much more valuable, when the silly C, BCPL, FORTRAN, etc. programmers
are stuck with slow code that doesn't do the job fast enough.

p.s. Your saying you are an assembly programmer did the trick. Hope this
does the job for you....

koster@cory.berkeley.edu
David Ashley

begin 600 make.arc
M&@AM86ME``I>L``,>_P`I@$``!P1&K-ZM?@!```,```,F`<`TH$`!1?4"3@@
M7<$!=9Q4V2=D!9)__%8`^8>/!1X`!(;H"^`*#@`GKOIA8P$DC`,13CR"1.E/
MC),N3NJ@:(,Q2+M]HL(`"*#$YSXQ0@,(,2I*!`(2/!BV0_E/G,9_],X$I&-4
MC%.H#-U1M;H1GE8`5(0"\(,'09&1:8?Z`&,`#@NUNM3J.4M"!@`X)-2J@A%`
MK0RU9-2JF$+$##8X"M1*`D,,LEI%:INV^`>/*C<1F^EYSND7'88P`@@+``+@
M`80=``R`"0@&1@P9,VC4L'$#1XXP8L:0*6/&J#J+^\@):;,/W?)^8NLH:0/=
MC`DDYTR"QNJS'SR+_=210&`B*@`!)UW]L\;D&P`'.X!`/^-@"G5W(*BK@X`!
MO+J<#+2!7G-F"!"&!/DE!P$P9R"`'#E2,(=.3MC!`\!V\!CWX'@VM-#<<LTA
M,0Q5T+376DX0<,!`0""<@<^*`"1PACQ3,$$'#RF>H0&,+5(`HXP.P*A`@U,(
ML88Y"X(ACA`8U)B34/\8`H$&9N"3$QEOS.$"&VF((4<8<N01(QEC)%"0`0/(
M`QH(4D5!1$U%`*X`#'O\`!,!```<$72S);Y!`0``#$W"K"D#XHZ<-'3HE'$#
M0DP>$$3"V$E#!D20.6C8E,FC@$H=.6[F@`CCYJ&9-!I!I'%#Y\U($'/*'"PC
M\HT9$&3"T`D#<Z?"-@OIS&$!PLP;.2!LX(`!:0"(,6_(E'&AX$D=.G"N@F#S
MYLT:D6S2#-2A0$$",F,2D(C!=``+$C)FT*#Q%@9;&"Q<0#+0$0U!-F'FT-FZ
MDN`=E&Q`H)%(D"2(,GCHR.$)M4V;,$3OH$DS!@V(/&_JP$03FDW%,V4&'ZQH
MDZQ9M&K9-GT;EX:,MS%BQ&51MLJ4(F1C^`!Q>:!*-R=3AJ:3O$Q9*IM%TEGY
M$(Z<-V<FMU$ITHR<,F7NA/D^TDU%T*(O/W3S9G!,-HD14@4:`!H:&AH:&AH:
#&AH:
`
end