[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga to Mac graphics converter ??

jacobson@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (08/27/88)

I am wanting to convert digitized images (IFF) I have done on my Amiga to
Mac graphics. Is there a program out there to do the conversion. I know of
the program to do the reverse (and have it), but seem to have rembered
hearing of a program to convert to Mac graphics. Anyone who has info to
help please email me. Thanks much in advance!

Russ Jacobson
Illinois Geological Survey
Champaign, IL 61820
217-244-2425

USENET:  [ihnp4,pur-ee,convex]!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!uiucuxe!jacobson
ARPANET: jacobsonuiucuxe@a.cs.uiuc.edu
CSNET:   jacobsonuiucuxe@uiuc.csnet

devilbis@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Vilbiss Warren C De) (08/29/88)

In article <45600045@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> jacobson@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I am wanting to convert digitized images (IFF) I have done on my Amiga to
>Mac graphics. Is there a program out there to do the conversion. I know of
>the program to do the reverse (and have it), but seem to have rembered
>hearing of a program to convert to Mac graphics. Anyone who has info to
>help please email me. Thanks much in advance!
>
>Russ Jacobson
The program MacView, version 2.0, by Scott Everden (sp?, don't have my program
doc's within arm's reach) has the ability to read AND write both IFF and
MacPaint format files.  It also has the ability to dither a grey-scale IFF
image upon translation to MacPaint format (which is of course 1 bit plane only)
There are a few user-controllable options for that particular conversion, but
I never did that much in that direction myself...
  - Mike (a guest on Warren's account)