[comp.sys.amiga] Mario Brothers on the Amiga

koster@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David Ashley) (08/31/88)

Is there a Mario Brothers game for the Amiga yet? I don't mean Super Mario
Brothers (which is copied pathetically in Gianna Sisters), or Donkey Kong.
Mario Brothers is the one where two players can play at once, and the
object is to screw the other guy over by knocking crabs, flies, turtles and
flameballs into him.

I am asking because I like the game so much, that if it is not already out
there, I may write it.

drz@csri.toronto.edu (Jerry Zarycky) (08/31/88)

In article <5342@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> koster@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David Ashley) writes:
>Is there a Mario Brothers game for the Amiga yet? I don't mean Super Mario
>I am asking because I like the game so much, that if it is not already out
>there, I may write it.

I've been waiting for a similar game as well.
I had a lot of fun playing the C64 version, which unfortunately
didn't implement some of the higher level screens (and also flickered
when there were too many sprites on the screen); however the gameplay
was quite well done.
I had the same feeling as you did -> I'd like to write a version
myself, but never can find the time...

Jerry Zarycky

Usenet:	{cornell, uw-beaver, linus, ihnp4, allegra, decvax, floyd} !utcsri!drz
CSNET:	drz@csri.toronto.edu            UUCP:  drz@utcsri.uucp
EAN:   drz@csri.toronto.cdn