[comp.sys.amiga] New Commodore Trade-In Offer

ofer@bach.Berkeley.EDU (Jonathan Dubman) (08/05/88)

Due to overwhelming demand, Commodore has decided on the following trade-in
policy:

Trade in your Amiga 2000 for an Amiga 1000 plus one thousand dollars.

	-Jonathan Dubman

jwhite@choam.MN.ORG (08/09/88)

In article <25451@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> ofer@bach.Berkeley.EDU (Jonathan Dubman) writes:
> Due to overwhelming demand, Commodore has decided on the following trade-in
> policy:
>
> Trade in your Amiga 2000 for an Amiga 1000 plus one thousand dollars.

Is this true?  How about a response from someone at CBM?  If not, cast
my vote for the A1000->A2000 trade in....

---
   // Jeff White                                "It's amazing how much 'mature
 \X/  Only The Amiga makes it all possible       wisdom' resembles being too
      UUCP:    ...amdahl!bungia!choam!jwhite     tired."
      DOMAIN:  jwhite@choam.mn.org              ATT: +1 612 729 4200

michael@stb.UUCP (Michael) (08/30/88)

In article <364@uwslh.UUCP> lishka@uwslh.UUCP (Fish-Guts) writes:
>     Someone has already pointed out that you can effectively get the
>Commodore trade-in by selling your Amiga 1000 for, say, $500, and
>apply that money to the purchase cost of a new Amiga 2000.  Aren't
>Amiga 2000's going for about $1400 now?  So, sell your 1000 and you
>will only need $900 more to buy the 2000.  This strikes me as a bit
>better than the old Commodore trade-in offer.

Not quite. The real deal the first time around was: Amiga 1000 serial
number + $1150 = B2000.

(A1000 + 1000 = B2000, buyback for $150.)
: ---
: Michael Gersten			 uunet.uu.net!denwa!stb!michael
:				sdcsvax!crash!gryphon!denwa!stb!michael
: Coff Coff <=== Stop smoking.

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (09/01/88)

Omnitek Computers, a dealer in Tewksbury MA and Salem NH had an ad in
the local (Lawrence MA) paper last night about a trade in offer.  It
said something like:

	Trade in your Amiga 500 or 1000 and we will give you $1000
	towards the purchase of an Amiga 2000, or trade in your other
	CBM computer (C64, 128, plus 4, etc) and we will give you $500
	(or maybe $600, I forget) towards the purchase of an Amiga 2000.

Pretty wild deal, eh?  You can buy an Amiga 500 and sell it back to
them for $1000, or so it seems, or get rid of that C64 you've still
got in your closet.

DON'T ASK ME for any more info - I'm just telling you what I saw in
the ad last night.  Call directory assistance if you want their phone
number.

Oh -- the ad said something like quantities limited, or limited time,
or something like that.

Other dealers might have similar offers.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from