[comp.sys.amiga] RRD survives Kickstart

PKG.SPARKMAN@MCC.COM (Aubrey Sparkman) (09/02/88)

in message:

 page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) writes
:ca063@unocss.UUCP (Thomas Davis) wrote:
:>The moral ... When the hand is faster than the brain, GO TO BED.
:
:Good advice in almost any situation.
:
:>Is there a recoverable ram disk that can survive the reboot from
:>Kickstart of an Amiga 1000?
:
:The KS process clears all memory.  So unless somebody has a write
:lock switch on their RAM board, no (I think you'd have to have it
:write enabled for config and autosizing, then know when to flip it
to protect it from being cleared.  Not an easy task).
:
:..Bob
--
I don't know anything about what kickstart does, but I do know what I have
been doing.  I got a pd cutie from our local library called changekickstart

Aubrey Sparkman

arpanet: pkg.sparkman@mcc.com
-------