[comp.sys.amiga] 68020 board/Transactor

sjk@utastro.UUCP (Scot Kleinman) (08/24/88)

A while ago, someone posted an article about making a 68020 board for the
1000 available through the August issue of Transactor magazine.  So, anxiously,
I have been waiting for the August issue to come out.  None of the stores
around here have it. Is this because it is not yet out, or because these stores
stopped stocking it?

Thanks.

sjk@astro.as.utexas.edu [arpanet]
Yow, I am having fun!

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (08/26/88)

In Message <3035@utastro.UUCP>, sjk@utastro.UUCP (Scot Kleinman) writes:

>A while ago, someone posted an article about making a 68020 board for the
>1000 available through the August issue of Transactor magazine.  So, anxiously,
>I have been waiting for the August issue to come out.  None of the stores
>around here have it. Is this because it is not yet out, or because these stores
>stopped stocking it?

 I have not seen the new Transactor for the Amiga yet....

 I did however see the board and talk with its designer at DevCon and via UUCP.
 It looks like a quality item and I think well worth the wait.

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein     {alegra|amiga|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

 Of course heimat is an Amiga, doesn't everyone run UUCP & UseNet on an Amiga?

timg@ziebmef.uucp (Tim Grantham) (08/30/88)

In article <3035@utastro.UUCP> sjk@utastro.UUCP (Scot Kleinman) writes:

>A while ago, someone posted an article about making a 68020 board for the
>1000 available through the August issue of Transactor magazine.  So, anxiously,
>I have been waiting for the August issue to come out.  None of the stores
>around here have it. Is this because it is not yet out, or because these stores
>stopped stocking it?
>
>Thanks.

The August issue of Transactor will not be out until September, according to
Nick and Chris, but Brad Fowles's '020 board article will be in it. I helped
edit this piece and it is excellent! Brad has the first version of the printed
circuit board in beta test now and it is working well.

To those not familiar with the history of Transactor mag, it is notoriously late
but it always comes out eventually. Better late than never, I suppose.

Tim.

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (09/02/88)

The Amiga TRANSACTOR, Issue 3, went to the printer this week.  A number of
problems caused the delay, but they are solved now.  You should have it soon.

(The editor told me so himself.)

Betty Clay
........killer!pollux!bjc

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (09/03/88)

In article <12153@pollux.UUCP> bjc@pollux.UUCP () writes:
>The Amiga TRANSACTOR, Issue 3, went to the printer this week.  A number of
>problems caused the delay, but they are solved now.  You should have it soon.

Does this mean "solved now" for this issue only, or "solved now" forever more?

-scott