[comp.sys.amiga] 1000 and fat chips

cc1@valhalla.cs.ucla.edu (09/04/88)

What is the current status of the attempt to hack a 1000 to use the
1 meg graphic chips? Is it abandoned? Is it successful? Is it in progress
with success in sight? Is it in progress with little hope of success?

				Michael

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (09/04/88)

In article <15755@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> cc1@valhalla.cs.ucla.edu writes:

> What is the current status of the attempt to hack a 1000 to use the
> 1 meg graphic chips? Is it abandoned? Is it successful? Is it in progress
> with success in sight? Is it in progress with little hope of success?
>
> 				Michael

Well, the popular rumor was that one might be able to jerry-rig the
extra wire to "somewhere" and the whole thing would just need a lot of
warrentee-killing soldering.

About a week ago Dave H. posted something about having so many of the
A1000's support chips were consolidated into other things that all the
external timings are different.  That makes the whole idea impossible.

Well, that's the way I saw it.  You're milege may vary.

Tom
--
       Tom Limoncelli -- Drew University, Box 1060, Madison, NJ 07940
  TLimonce@Drew.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net -- VoiceMail (201)408-5389