[comp.sys.amiga] Execute strangeness

rokicki@polya.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (09/04/88)

Can anyone explain why:

The file asdf is:
delete asdf

If you type `execute asdf', it bitches; file in use.  *But*, if

The file testit is:
execute asdf

and asdf is as above, the delete works?  Can I count on this to
continue to work?  Thanks!

-tom

In article <3823@polya.Stanford.EDU> rokicki@polya.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) writes:
>Can anyone explain why:
>
>The file asdf is:
>delete asdf
>
>If you type `execute asdf', it bitches; file in use.  *But*, if
>
>The file testit is:
>execute asdf
>
>and asdf is as above, the delete works?  Can I count on this to
>continue to work?  Thanks!

	Whenever you execute a file from within an execute script, it doesn't
actually run out of the file, but out of t:Command-xx-Tyy, where xx and yy
are numbers.

	If possible, I would avoid counting on the exact interactions of this.
It might work differently if someone replaces the resident CLI with a shell
that handles Execute internally, for example.

--
Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup