[comp.sys.amiga] Morerows Question

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (08/14/88)

Question about setting morerows. The documentation says that about the
largest you can go is aprrox. -rows 34 and -columns 65 (I don't have it
here so I don't know the exact figures). I tried 33 and 63 and the right
side of the window is way off the screen. Even with adjusting the screen
position with preferences I have to move the upper left corner off the screen
(losing the wb menu bar) just to get the lower right corner, at largest
window size. I am running it "morerows -rows 33 -columns 63" and doing a
warm boot. I have dropped the values down to 27 and 57 and there seems to be
no change at all in window size. Is it suppose to be off the screen like
that? The documentation says something about moving the preferences
centering gadget to the upper left. If I do this the window, as I already
ssaid, loses the menu bar. Wasn't something said here awhile back about
having a fastmem type of blitter problem if this gadget was moved to the
left? I'm lost on getting this to work, and it looks so easy. I get the
impression I'm not being successful on setting the parameters. I've used it
once about a year ago and don't remember having any problem. It might have
been another version if there are any others.

					    Thanks,

--
"Better graphics with crayons"                 Michael Figg
					       DLA Systems Automation Center

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (08/16/88)

In article <224@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
)
)
[...]

Actually, the amount of information you see is dependent on your
monitor.  See you have any adjusters on the back of your monitor to
squinch it down to show more pixels.  Then squirrel around with
morerows and the gadget until you see as much info as you can.

If your pointers isn't screwed up, your view position is OK.

	jimm
--
	Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing
	amiga!jimm	BIX:jmackraz

hugh@edhnic.UUCP (Hugh Gamble) (08/17/88)

In article <224@dsacg2.UUCP>, nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
> Question about setting morerows. The documentation says that about the
> largest you can go is aprrox. -rows 34 and -columns 65 (I don't have it

The copy on the fish disk (thanks fred) says -rows 35 -columns 64

> here so I don't know the exact figures). I tried 33 and 63 and the right
> side of the window is way off the screen. Even with adjusting the screen
> position with preferences I have to move the upper left corner off the screen
> (losing the wb menu bar) just to get the lower right corner, at largest
[details deleted]
> 					    Thanks,
>
> "Better graphics with crayons"                 Michael Figg
> 					       DLA Systems Automation Center
> 					       Columbus, Oh.
> 					       (614)-238-9036

What type of monitor do you have?  You may want to try adjusting some
of: vert pos, vert size, hor pos, hor size.  I fiddled with these to
get the screen sized and centred the way I wanted it for a -rows 35
-columns 64 screen on my NEC Multisynch II.  On my NEC those adjustments
are at the front.  On some monitors they are at the back or even
inside.

I tried a bigger -columns (about 80) and got an interesting effect.
They fit on the screen OK and the mouse pointer looked normal in
the extra space, but the WB screen was invisible beyond the 64th
extra column.  I hit a hard coded S/W limit in the O/S right?

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
|  Hugh D. Gamble  (416) 581-4354  UUCP: ...!utzoo!edhnic!hugh                |
|  There's no computer I can't push to it's limits.                           |
|  Any computer can push me to *my* limits.                                   |
|  (P.S. Generic Disclaimers)                                                 |

ncreed@ndsuvax.UUCP (Walter Reed) (09/06/88)

In article <224@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
>Question about setting morerows.
(goes on about windows being off the screen)
Did you shrink the size of the screen with the vertical size control
(on the back of a 1080) and horizontal size (in a hard to get spot
inside the 1080)
Most of the overscan os offscreen on a 1080, so if you want to use it, you
have to make that overscan area visable by shrinking the screen using the
monitors hardware adjustment controls.  You can easily do the vertical
yourself, but I'd have a TV tech do the horizontal for you (there are
some Dangerous voltages in there!)

--
------  Walter Reed  ------   + uunet!ndsuvax!ncreed or ncreed@ndsuvax.BITNET
"There's no point in being    +      or ncreed@plains.NoDak.edu