[comp.sys.amiga] "Moderators" of comp.binaries.amiga

In article <5470@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> koster@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David Ashley) writes:
>In theory, comp.binaries.amiga should work as follows:
>
>People post to it.
>Moderators eventually check into postings, uploading good files
>Everyone gets the files and is happy.
>
>So there should be a semi-fixed delay between posting and seeing it appear
>in the newsgroup. And there should be a steady flow of postings, which were
>posted to the moderators N days ago and have passed their tests.
>
>This is NOT happening. I have posted stuff, and I am sure other people have
>posted things. They might as well have been sent to /dev/null.
>
>The situation now is, we never see postings due to slow/stopped moderation.
>This effectively makes comp.binaries.amiga worthless, as people realize what
>a waste it is to post to it. They will post to the other two instead,
>comp.sys.amiga and comp.sys.amiga.tech.
>
>Since I have just received a posting on comp.binaries.amiga, I know it is
>still working at Berkeley, that is, we are receiving files from that
>newsgroup.
>
>Anyway, I am wondering if anyone is getting more articles than we are.
>Perhaps this is just a problem of articles getting filtered out before they
>get to us.
>
>Regardless, I think the best solution is to unmoderate the binaries and
>sources.

There may be some opposition to this from TPTB; most other micro
source/binary groups are moderated and comp.sys.amiga bing one
of the highest volume groups on thr NET may give admins a bad feeling
about this.

But, if it's possible to do it, do it.

If not, make an alt group: alt.amiga.programs for both source and binary,
unmoderated, of course.

--
                  ``Beam THAT between your pointy ears''
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard