[comp.sys.amiga] Turbo Pascal for the Amiga

denbeste@bbn.com (Steven Den Beste) (09/05/88)

The last word we had here about Turbo-Pascal for the Amiga was, "Forget it."

Borland is too busy with "Turbo-C", and support for the PC and Macintosh, and
didn't think the Amiga was worth supporting. (Perhaps they've changed their
mind, but if so, I haven't heard anything about it.)

paleo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Dr. Constantine A. LaPasha) (09/07/88)

In article <29321@bbn.COM>, denbeste@bbn.com (Steven Den Beste) writes:
> The last word we had here about Turbo-Pascal for the Amiga was, "Forget it."
>
> Borland is too busy with "Turbo-C", and support for the PC and Macintosh, and
> didn't think the Amiga was worth supporting. (Perhaps they've changed their
> mind, but if so, I haven't heard anything about it.)

I wouldn't wait for TP 4.0.  And I agree that tey don't seem interested
in the Amiga.  But I'm also unsure of their committment to the mac.
Seems that the support folks don't know about the "Apple Desktop Bus"
(LAN-type thing that the mouse, keyboard, graphics tablet etc. plug
in to on the SE ...) and don't have any suggestions on work arounds.
Seems that the folks down work have themselves an expensive tablet
that can't do much more than mouse emulation till we can get another
compiler or something.  (I think I've just about got them talked
into an Amiga system instead though ;-)  Besides, I think I saw
TP 5.0 advertized somewhere...

Soo.. maybe try Modula-II or C or something, but TP probably won't
even make it to vaporware...

!all above claims are disclaimed in an attempt to claim sole
!responsibility for all disclaimed claims (esp. misspellings)
--
Kostya LaPasha        paleo@uncecs.edu   or   paleo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu
- comments, opinions, etc. are mine NOT those of NCSU -

pooley@hplabsb.UUCP (Chuck Pooley) (09/08/88)

In case your interested, I have seen MCC V2.0 Pascal avaliable on
local computer store shelves.  This was just recently released.

Chuck Pooley
HP Labs
Disclaim, disclaim, disclaim