[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 2000 has been swapped

swordfis@pnet51.cts.com (Tim Mitchell) (08/22/88)

Leo, as I understand it you've talked to Don Sidoroff (who wrote Turbo
Silver.) Impulse and Don have parted ways, and Don seems to have lost his
taste for the Amiga. (Along with his free Amiga. Heh*) This probably means an
inexpensive VGA Ray Tracer for the IBM. Considering IBM's market saturation, a
cheap 3D animation system for them could spell trouble for us. If you've got
any pull with Don, pull him back into the fold!
On a further note to his topic, why would anyone want buy a Mac II when for a
similar price you could have a low-end Sun workstation?
(Insert a "to" where appropriate.)

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!swordfis
INET: swordfis@pnet51.cts.com

mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) (09/04/88)

> *Excerpts from ext.nn.comp.sys.amiga: 22-Aug-88 Re: Amiga 2000 has been*
> *swa.. Tim Mitchell@pnet51.cts. (672)*

> On a further note to his topic, why would anyone want buy a Mac II when for a
> similar price you could have a low-end Sun workstation?

The Mac II runs Macintosh software.

                        --M

Michael Portuesi / Information Technology Center / Carnegie Mellon University
ARPA/UUCP: mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu                     BITNET: rainwalker@drycas

"if you ain't ill it'll fix your car"

johnm@trsvax.UUCP (09/08/88)

>> *Excerpts from ext.nn.comp.sys.amiga: 22-Aug-88 Re: Amiga 2000 has been*
>> *swa.. Tim Mitchell@pnet51.cts. (672)*
>>
>> On a further note to his topic, why would anyone want buy a Mac II when for a
>> similar price you could have a low-end Sun workstation?
>
>The Mac II runs Macintosh software.
>
>                        --M

And the Sun runs Unix.  I know which I would rather have.

What you said seems like a sales pitch for the Sun to me :-)

John Munsch
"The problem with this college is that it's neglecting football for education."

rick@gtisqr.UUCP (Rick Groeneveld) (09/09/88)

In article <wX87N0y00Vsf8BB29Y@andrew.cmu.edu>, mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) writes:
> > On a further note to his topic, why would anyone want buy a Mac II when for a
> > similar price you could have a low-end Sun workstation?
>
> The Mac II runs Macintosh software.

	The Mac ][ only runs *some* Mac software!