[comp.sys.amiga] Using a mac trackball on an amiga.

dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu (Daniel Zenchelsky) (09/10/88)

I'm interested in using a Mac trackball on an Amiga & I need some info:

1) Specs on the mac mouse port.
2) Specs on the amiga mouse port.

Any other info on the conversion would be greatly appreciated, especially
from someone who has already done it.

I realize that the mac mouse only has one button, but this trackball has
two which can (I hope) be connected seperately.

Thanks

-Dan

|  ______                                                   |
| ||   |o|  Daniel Zenchelsky  --  dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu  |
| ||___| |                                                  |
| |   _  |  "If it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist" |
| \_[]_|_|                                                  |

robert@trwind.UUCP (Robert W. Snyder) (09/14/88)

Robert Snyder

>I'm interested in using a Mac trackball on an Amiga & I need some info:
>
>1) Specs on the mac mouse port.
>2) Specs on the amiga mouse port.
>
>Any other info on the conversion would be greatly appreciated, especially
>from someone who has already done it.
>
>I realize that the mac mouse only has one button, but this trackball has
>two which can (I hope) be connected seperately.
>
>Thanks
>
>-Dan

Just in case you did not know you can buy a trackball from wico
for $39.95 to replace the amiga joystick.  BTW it has two buttons.

--
Robert Snyder       Disclaimer  --  nobody claims dis, but me
TRW Information Networks Division 23800 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance CA 90505

dave@dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) (09/16/88)

In article <3079@hermes.ai.mit.edu> dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu.UUCP (Daniel Zenchelsky)writes:
>I'm interested in using a Mac trackball on an Amiga & I need some info:
[...]
And in article <418@trwind.UUCP> robert@trwind.UUCP (Robert W. Snyder) writes:
>Just in case you did not know you can buy a trackball from wico
>for $39.95 to replace the amiga joystick.  BTW it has two buttons.
>--
>Robert Snyder       Disclaimer  --  nobody claims dis, but me

And in case anyone is interested, there was an article in Amazing Computing
(the last issue, I believe) describing conversion of an Atari trackball
available at KayBee Hobbies for $15-20.

Looked good to me.  Think I might get one.

--
Dave Hanna,  Daltech MicroSystems    |  "Do or do not -- There is no try"
P.O. Box 584, Bedford, TX 76095      |                        - Yoda

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (09/19/88)

In article <140@dms3b1.UUCP> dave@dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) writes:
>And in case anyone is interested, there was an article in Amazing Computing
>(the last issue, I believe) describing conversion of an Atari trackball
>available at KayBee Hobbies for $15-20.
>
>Looked good to me.  Think I might get one.

I got one of these.  (About $9.00)  It only took about a half hour to
hack together, and it works fine.  The thing is huge, though.  And the
buttons are way too far apart for one handed operation.  Is the Wyco
trackball any smaller?  Something that won't take over half the space
the keyboard takes?  Something compact enough for one-handed operation?

In the meantime, the Atari (Ugh, I can't believe I've adulterated my
Amiga this way...) trackball is great for arcade games, which is, after
all, what it was designed for.
--
Eric Kennedy