[comp.sys.amiga] PD DVI Viewer

mccarrol@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark C. Carroll <MC>) (09/17/88)

Hello all.

I'm in need of a DVI file (the output file from LaTeX) previewer. I
know that one is included with AmigaTeX, but at the moment, I don't
have $200 to spend on TeX, as much as I'd like to have it. (
Especially since I do my work in LaTeX, not raw TeX, and LaTeX doesn't
run in 512K) I need something free. It doesn't have to be amazingly
beautiful, it doesn't have to be friendly. It doesn't even have to
be all that flexible. Just enough for me to see if things look
reasonably good when I'm working away from the laserprinter.

If anyone could tell me if such a beast exists, I'd appreciate it!

		-Mark C. Carroll
		mccarrol@topaz.rutgers.edu
--
\  Mark Craig Carroll                \  /"Quick to judge, quick to anger      /
 |   perhaps better known as: <MC>    \/  Slow to understand                 |

smaug@eneevax.UUCP (Kurt Lidl) (09/21/88)

In article <Sep.16.23.58.28.1988.25484@topaz.rutgers.edu> mccarrol@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark C. Carroll <MC>) writes:
>I'm in need of a DVI file (the output file from LaTeX) previewer. I
>know that one is included with AmigaTeX, but at the moment, I don't
>have $200 to spend on TeX, as much as I'd like to have it.
>It doesn't have to be amazingly beautiful, it doesn't have to be friendly.
>It doesn't even have to be all that flexible.

	Well, it's not really a pointer to an Amiga program, but the source
to what is supposedly a very VGA previewer is available for
anonymous FTP in utah.science.edu (I think that is right...).  At any rate,
if you wish to role your own, that would probably be a pretty good place to
start.
	Or, if you are feeling slimy, use the "limited" previewer that
exists on the DemoTeX disk.  I actually used it for one 10 page paper...
(And then I bought AmigaTeX!  It was worth it!)  Now, if you don't have the
money, I don't know what to say. Other than rolling your own, I think that
you are pretty much out of luck...

>		-Mark C. Carroll

==  Kurt J. Lidl  (smaug@eneevax.umd.edu)	(301)454-3184	==
==  UUCP: [seismo,allegra]!umcp-cs!eneevax!smaug		==
========"It's after 3am, no point in going to sleep now..."=======

u-jleigh%sundial.utah.edu@utah-gr.UUCP (Jason Leigh) (09/25/88)

How intolerable is AmigaTex on 1 disk drive and 512K?

Replies to:
jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu
or this newsgroup.