[comp.sys.amiga] Put Boing on the board

srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) (09/15/88)

This is being posted to the USENET on the behalf of Jim Meyer (NY*JIM
on People/Link), since Jim doesn't have USENET access:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

    Many of you own stock in Commodore Business Machines, and you will shortly
be receiving proxy cards for the upcoming Annual Stockholders Meeting.  You
may be tempted to discard your proxies, or you may elect to acquiesce to some
pre-arranged assignment of your proxy.  I have a better idea.

    Many of you may have noticed messages from a certain Amiga programmer,
messages which end with the disclaimer "Although I do contract work for
Amiga-LosGatos, my opinions probably don't represent those of Commodore or its
management or its engineers, but I think the world would be a better place if
they did."  I speak, of course, of the legendary Dale Luck,  Original Amigan
and Keeper of the Boing.  I propose that we help Dale change that disclaimer,
help him make the world a better place by giving him a voice in the affairs of
Commodore Business Machines.  How?  By assigning our proxies to him.

    This is not as far-fetched an idea as you may think.  Many Amiga owners,
unable to go as far as Victor Kiam ("I liked the computer so much that I
bought the company....") settled for buying a *piece* of the company.  These
people account for a sizable chunk of the outstanding shares of CBM.  In the
three days since this idea was originally proposed in the AmigaZone section of
People/Link, proxies representing over 6,000 shares have been pledged.

    In a world where Alexander Haig occupies a seat on the Board of Directors
of Commodore, there would be a certain poetic justice in having a
Harley-riding programming whiz sitting next to him.  While the outcome of this
may not turn out to be quite so satisfying, assigning one's proxy to Dale
would result in the warm, fuzzy feeling that someone who understands and cares
about the Amiga would be speaking for us.  It can't hurt, folks, and it most
certainly can help.  Put some Boing in the Board.  Assign your CBM proxy to
this fellow: Dale Luck, c/o
             Boing, Inc.
             1881 Ellwell Drive
             Milpitas, CA 95035

    As always, we thank you for your support!

Well shoot, the readership of comp.sys.amiga is about 15,000.

How many proxy votes does it take to get somebody on the board ?

--
Be calm in the face of all common disgraces, and know what they're doing it for.
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard

mclek@dcatla.UUCP (Larry E. Kollar) (09/16/88)

In article <129@modcomp.UUCP> srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) writes:

>    In a world where Alexander Haig occupies a seat on the Board of Directors
>of Commodore, [...]

Al Haig on the board of CBM.  That explains a LOT of things. :-)

Oh well, at least we know who's "in charge." :-)

	Larry Kollar	...!gatech!dcatla!mclek
	Not representing DCA's opinions, naturally.

dleigh@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Darren Leigh) (09/22/88)

In article <6992@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:

>Well shoot, the readership of comp.sys.amiga is about 15,000.
>
>How many proxy votes does it take to get somebody on the board ?

Better yet, how much is CBM stock and how many shares do we need to
take over the company?

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (09/25/88)

In Message <2373@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM>, dleigh@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Darren Leigh)

>In article <6992@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>
>>Well shoot, the readership of comp.sys.amiga is about 15,000.
>>
>>How many proxy votes does it take to get somebody on the board ?
>
>Better yet, how much is CBM stock and how many shares do we need to
>take over the company?

  You should consider looking into a few shares of CBM stock, not to try
  and take over the company or to give Dale proxy - but to obtain one of
  CBM's yearly financial reports. You will learn that CBM is a generic
  term for many companies, some international. You also will learn that
  regardless of the number of proxy votes or shares of stock you or
  someone else may have, Gould is the boss. Jack T. (now of Atari fame)
  tried to battle and lost, as have others.

--
Dan "Sneakers" Schein        {alegra|amiga|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
Sneakers Computing

    Call: BERKS AMIGA BBS - 40 Meg - 24 Hrs - 3/12/2400 Baud - 215/678-7691