[comp.sys.amiga] Lex

u-jleigh%sundial.utah.edu@utah-gr.UUCP (Jason Leigh) (09/25/88)

Does anyone know whether  a lexical analyzer like Lex, exists for the Amiga?

Replies to jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu
or this newsgroup
.

Thanks.
Jason Leigh

wpl@anarchy.PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) (09/26/88)

From article <2877@utah-gr.UUCP>, by u-jleigh%sundial.utah.edu@utah-gr.UUCP (Jason Leigh):

> Does anyone know whether  a lexical analyzer like Lex, exists for the Amiga?
>
> Replies to jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu
> or this newsgroup
> .
>
> Thanks.
> Jason Leigh

I've ported flex to the amiga (also the newest bison).  I've built
several syntax checkers (Ada, C, Pascal) to test them, and they seem
to work well together on the amiga. (I used Lattice 4.1)

They should be on the next batch of Fish Disks, but if you can't wait
let me know.  I've sent flex to comp.sources.amiga, but it will
be months before it's posted.
William P Loftus                        UUCP:   wpl@burdvax.UUCP
Unisys/Paoli Research Center            ARPA:   wpl@anarchy.prc.unisys.com
PO Box 517                              215-354-0614 (home)
Paoli, PA 19301                         215-648-7248 (work)

scotth@harlie.SGI.COM (Scott Henry) (09/26/88)

From article <2877@utah-gr.UUCP>, by u-jleigh%sundial.utah.edu@utah-gr.UUCP (Jason Leigh):

> Does anyone know whether  a lexical analyzer like Lex, exists for the Amiga?
>
> Replies to jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu
> or this newsgroup
> .
>
> Thanks.
> Jason Leigh

When flex (Fast LEX) was posted to comp.sources.unix earlier this year, I
grabbed a copy for my amiga. I sent a copy of the program (after porting to
the amiga (using Manx)) to Fred Fish. This was several months ago. The source
is rather large, so would not be suitable for posting to other than comp.{
source,binaries}.amiga or alt.sources.amiga. I remember having far more
difficulty with the "amiga" bison (because it generated Lattice-specific
code) than with flex. E-Mail me if you want more info.

		scott henry <scotth@sgi.com>

elg@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Eric Green) (09/27/88)

In message <2877@utah-gr.UUCP>, u-jleigh%sundial.utah.edu@utah-gr.UUCP (Jason Leigh) says:
>Does anyone know whether  a lexical analyzer like Lex, exists for the Amiga?

In other words, has someone ported the "Flex" lexer (Recently posted
to comp.sources.(unix|misc)) to the Amiga?

I need a quick-and-dirty lexer soon, for a project I'm working on, and
it seems a shame to have to sit down and manually do the translation
from regular expressions to flow diagram to "C", especially since I
might change my mind about things such as number formats while in
mid-stream....

--
Eric Lee Green    ..!{ames,decwrl,mit-eddie,osu-cis}!killer!elg
          Snail Mail P.O. Box 92191 Lafayette, LA 70509

jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Jonas Flygare) (09/28/88)

>> Does anyone know whether  a lexical analyzer like Lex, exists for the Amiga?
>>
>> Replies to jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu
>> or this newsgroup

> When flex (Fast LEX) was posted to comp.sources.unix earlier this year, I
> grabbed a copy for my amiga. I sent a copy of the program (after porting to
> the amiga (using Manx)) to Fred Fish.

I did the same, using lattice 4.0, and sent a diskette to the moderator of
comp.sources.amiga. I run the output from flex right into bison, and haven't
had any problems so far.. Same as above, E-Mail for info.
(I guess the best solution in either case is to mail a diskette to <FOO>
 [one name of the above/FOO]) (too much lambda calculus here, I think.. ;-)
--
Jonas Flygare (aka Flax)         +------------------------------------------+
email: jonasf@kuling.UUCP        | "Never try to hack while a playful ferret |

fnf@fishpond.UUCP (Fred Fish) (09/29/88)

In article <22567@sgi.SGI.COM> scotth@harlie.SGI.COM (Scott Henry) writes:
>When flex (Fast LEX) was posted to comp.sources.unix earlier this year, I
>grabbed a copy for my amiga. I sent a copy of the program (after porting to
>the amiga (using Manx)) to Fred Fish. This was several months ago.

I've received several copies of Flex and Bison (thanks everyone!).  I'm
currently sorting through the various versions and at least one of each
will be included on the next batch of disks, due soon.  On another note,
does anyone have the lastest C-Kermit.  It's been ages since the last
C-Kermit release, and I understand there have been lots of significant
enhancements (like long packets and sliding windows).

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1346 West 10th Place, Tempe, AZ 85281,  USA
# noao!nud!fishpond!fnf                   (602) 921-1113