[comp.sys.amiga] sonix and deluxe music

janzen@ant.dec.com (Tom 296-5421 LMO2/O23) (09/29/88)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
>Subject: Sonix
About Sonix:
>1.  Inability to tie notes between measures.
Deluxe Music Construction Set Can
>2.  I do a lot of triplets - you ever try to do triplets with Sonix?
Deluxe Music Construction Set can
>3.  I'm not Zappa or anything but it would be nice to do a 32nd note.  (don't
>    feel bad DMCS can't keep up with it either at any reasonable tempo).
Deluxe Music Construction Set can do 32nds.
>4.  Only eight grand staffs.  Sure the Amiga can only use four voices but if
>    it supports MIDI why the limitation?
Deluxe Music Construction Set Can probably use only 8 staffs, but can have
two voices on one staff if wanted, both with the same instrument.
>5.  Chords, why not let me put a chord on one staff?  Gee, that drives me nuts.
Deluxe Music Construction Set can
>6.  This one I'm not sure about but, I don't think you can beam.  If you're
>    gonna print the score and try to read it (or worse yet have someone else
>    read it) the going gets tough.
Deluxe Music Construction Set can
>7.  No quints.  Okay I don't use quintuplets myself but what if I did want to.
Deluxe Music Construction Set can and I do all the time.
>8.  What about tempo changes?  It's been a long time but either you can't do
>    a tempo change or you can't change keys, in the middle of a score.  One
>    of those two is true, both are a hinderance.
Deluxe Music Construction Set Can do both, per measure.
>like to talk music.  I'm at rsine@nswc-wo.arpa.
>Ran
Tom janzen Digital Equipment Corp 111 Locke Drive marlboro ma 01752