[comp.sys.amiga] CMI 68000x2, 2090, Mr-backup?

hodad@ut-emx.UUCP (William Fiveash) (09/30/88)

[ does this thing really eat lines? ]

  I was wondering if anyone has been using the CMI 68000x2 board in a 2000
equipped with a 2090 controller.  Are there any problems with buss accesses?
Will the 2000 version mount in the coprocessor slot or does it use the
68000 socket?  And speaking of the 2090, has there been an update to the
driver?  My version is dated 03-NOV-87.  And one more thing, where can one
get either sources or binary for MR_Backupv2.4?  This is my first post so
if some of these questions are redundant please forgive and mail me your
response.
	Thanks, Will Fiveash

mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) (10/01/88)

In article <6457@ut-emx.UUCP>, hodad@ut-emx.UUCP (William Fiveash) writes:

> [ does this thing really eat lines? ]
>
>   I was wondering if anyone has been using the CMI 68000x2 board in a 2000
> ... And one more thing, where can one
> get either sources or binary for MR_Backupv2.4?  This is my first post so
> if some of these questions are redundant please forgive and mail me your
> response.
> 	Thanks, Will Fiveash

You can get MRBackup V2.4 (binary and docs) from me (its author) by sending
$2.00 (or a blank floppy and two $.25 stamps) to

    Mark Rinfret
    348 Indian Avenue
    Portsmouth, RI  02871
    (401) 846-7639

If you want source, send $20.00 and state in your letter that you WANT the
source (sorry if this sounds commercial).

I went through the motions of posting MRBackup V2.4 to comp.binaries.amiga
and never got a response, so I don't know what the story is there.  I have
also put it up for uucp from our Unix machine in /usr/spool/uucppublic.
Login name is "guest", no password, phone number is 401-847-4130 (call after
6:00 p.m.).

Mark

--
< Mark R. Rinfret,  mrr@amanpt1.ZONE1.COM | ...rayssd!galaxia!amanpt1!mrr    >
< HyperView Systems Corp.               Home: 401-846-7639                   >

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (10/01/88)

From article <6457@ut-emx.UUCP:, by hodad@ut-emx.UUCP (William Fiveash):
:   I was wondering if anyone has been using the CMI 68000x2 board in a 2000
: equipped with a 2090 controller.  Are there any problems with buss accesses?

	We have a whole bunch of people using the Processor Accelerator with
the 2090 card. So far I've only gotten a couple of calls from people with
problems. Both of them were having the typical 2090 'read/write' errors that
would go away with a 'retry'. We haven't been able to pin down whether this
is a problem with our board, a problem with our board exacerbating the
existing problems with the 2090s, or a problem with these users specific
machines. We haven't been able to cause the failure on any of our machines
or on the machines of our local beta testers... I'd say there is little
chance that you'll run into it, but there is the possibility...

: Will the 2000 version mount in the coprocessor slot or does it use the
: 68000 socket?

	It plugs into the 68000 socket. This makes it possible for us to
only build two different versions of the board. One for the 1000 and one
for the 500/2000. (I suppose I could say it'll also make it possible to
be used with the '020 board from C=..., but then, I haven't tried that!)

: 	Thanks, Will Fiveash
--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
                               ...tektronix!sequent!blowpig!billsey