[comp.sys.amiga] 1.3 alias command

shahaf@taux01.UUCP (Shahaf Moshe) (10/04/88)

Hello,
1- Could someone post a list of the new "commands" in the shell segment in
   WB 1.3 (like alias ..) and how to use them ?
2- I would like to alias a volume name that has a space in it like:
   alias go "WB 1.2:bin/go" is there a way to do it ?
thanks
shahaf%taux01@nsc.com {hplab,decwrl,sun}

joe@cbmvax.UUCP (Joe O'Hara) (10/05/88)

In article <901@taux01.UUCP> shahaf%taux01@nsc.COM writes:
>Hello,
>1- Could someone post a list of the new "commands" in the shell segment in
>   WB 1.3 (like alias ..) and how to use them ?

  A complete description of new (and modified) commands is included in the
  documentation accompanying the 1.3 Enhancer Package.

>2- I would like to alias a volume name that has a space in it like:
>   alias go "WB 1.2:bin/go" is there a way to do it ?

  You just did it in your example. Standard Amiga syntax applies: names
  with embedded spaces are enclosed in quotes.

  Joe O'Hara                ||  Comments represent my own opinions,
  Commodore Electronics Ltd ||  not my employers. Any similarity to
  Software QA               ||  to any other opinions, living or dead,