[comp.sys.amiga] Video out problem

hedley%cbmvax.uucp@UDEL.EDU (10/04/88)

From: Hedley Davis <hedley@cbmvax.uucp>
Subject: Re: Video out problem
Date: 30 Sep 88 19:15:25 GMT
To:       amiga-relay@UDEL.EDU
Sender:   amiga-relay-request@UDEL.EDU

In article <4967@saturn.ucsc.edu> paladin@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (90709000) writes:

>     I'm currently using 24' balanced and shielded RCA cables (for you
>professional types, it's Comprehensive Video's RG-59U cable), and though
>the sound comes out great, there's some interference on the video part.
>Basically is looks like a slightly darker video image slowly going down
>the screen; this darker part is about 1/3 a screen long, and all the
>way wide.  The problem was much more pronounced when using an unshielded
>cable, but shouldn't the shielded one eliminate this problem?  Is there
>anything I can do about it?  Or do I have to live with the problem?

Usually, that syptom is associated with having two monitors right next
to each other. Could this be the problem ?

Hedley

paladin@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (60066000) (10/07/88)

In article <4402@louie.udel.EDU> hedley%cbmvax.uucp@UDEL.EDU writes:
>Usually, that syptom is associated with having two monitors right next
>to each other. Could this be the problem ?

     Unfortunately, no.  I do have several VCR's next to it, but the
problem persists even when the VCR's are off.

For information about our anime        // __           //___           //
subtitling efforts, write us          //__//roup      ____//anta      //___ruz
at the following address:             309 Cedar Suite 42, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
   "A labor of love, a fucking headache but damn it, somebody's got to do it!"
ARPA : paladin@ucscb.ucsc.edu             UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!paladin
                      BITNET: paladin@ucscb@ucscc.BITNET