[comp.sys.amiga] Zoo: What am I doing wrong?

rchampe@hubcap.UUCP (Richard Champeaux) (10/06/88)

     I decided to try out zoo because I'm frustrated with Arc not allowing
multiple '.'s and restricting the length of filenames.  However, after 2
attempts with 2 different versions of Zoo, I'm even more frustrated.

By typing "zoo h", you get a help screen showing the example:

zoo a save /bin/*

It claims that this will archive everything in /bin.

When I type:

zoo a save *

It prints "Z00: * --" and appears to wait for input from the console.  When
I type:

zoo a save zoo.man

It prints:

Zoo: ERROR: Could not open zoo.man
Zoo: No files added

zoo.man exists and I can type it with no problem.  What am I doing wrong?

P.S. The last version I tried was the one just pasted (2.0), the other version
I got from the archives.

Thank you
Rich Champeaux
Clemson University

rchampe@hubcap.UUCP (Richard Champeaux) (10/08/88)

In article <3158@hubcap.UUCP>, rchampe@hubcap.UUCP (Richard Champeaux) writes:

>      I decided to try out zoo because I'm frustrated with Arc not allowing
> multiple '.'s and restricting the length of filenames.  However, after 2
> attempts with 2 different versions of Zoo, I'm even more frustrated.

     I've been told that my problem is the Fast File System.  Apearently,
some beta versions of FFS don't work with Zoo.  The version I have is very
likely a beta version since I got it from someone who got it from someone
who got it from who knows where.  My question is:  Has a legitimate version
been released?  If so, where can I get one?  Also, will I have to reformat
my hard disk or will I just need to replace the handler?

Thanks,
Rich Champeaux
Clemson University