[comp.sys.amiga] Emulators for Amiga

rodmar@ga.ecn.purdue.edu (Rodney L Martin) (10/06/88)

I have seen the mac emulator and also the IBM emulator on the ST.  Their mac
emulator is even FASTER than a standard mac!!  In a matter of fact, their
IBM emulator runs MUCH faster that ours and even does graphics!!  What is it
with amiga that limits IBM emulation?  The ST has really impressed me with
its emulation capabilities.  Would someone please enlighten me on why I bought
an amiga!!

Rod Martin

:I have seen the mac emulator and also the IBM emulator on the ST.  Their mac
:emulator is even FASTER than a standard mac!!  In a matter of fact, their
:IBM emulator runs MUCH faster that ours and even does graphics!!  What is it
:with amiga that limits IBM emulation?  The ST has really impressed me with
:its emulation capabilities.  Would someone please enlighten me on why I bought
:an amiga!!
:
:Rod Martin

	Your comparison is way out of context.  You are comparing the
skills of the respective programmers for the products, not the machines on
which the products run.  This is because the machines all run at the same
relative speed for the base machine (I am *not* talking about the Mac II
here).

	Besides, there is more demand in the Atari arena for that sort of
thing.  Most Amigans are quite happy with its OS and use a bridgecard when
they want IBM compatibility.

					-Matt

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (10/09/88)

In Message <388@ga.ecn.purdue.edu>, rodmar@ga.ecn.purdue.edu (Rodney L Martin) writes:

>I have seen the mac emulator and also the IBM emulator on the ST.  Their mac
>emulator is even FASTER than a standard mac!!  In a matter of fact, their
>IBM emulator runs MUCH faster that ours and even does graphics!!  What is it
>with amiga that limits IBM emulation?  The ST has really impressed me with
>its emulation capabilities.  Would someone please enlighten me on why I bought
>an amiga!!

 Dave H. has already explained why its easier to emulate the Mac vs the IBM.
 What I don't understand is that from the last line in your message it sounds
 like you didn't buy an Amiga for the Amiga but rather as an emulator. I see
 where a better (read - color, graphic, & sound) version of Transformer would
 be a big boom to the Amiga, but even without such an item I don't need anyone
 to enlighten me on why I bought an Amiga. I bought mine for the abilities of
 the Amiga as a computer, not its emulation ability (or lack of).

--
Dan "Sneakers" Schein        {alegra|amiga|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
Sneakers Computing

    Call: BERKS AMIGA BBS - 40 Meg - 24 Hrs - 3/12/2400 Baud - 215/678-7691