[comp.sys.amiga] Z et. al.

derick@garfield.MUN.EDU (Derick Linegar) (10/06/88)

[]

Hi,
	Because of the recent discussion on Z, I was wondering what the
	"official" story on Z is. Is Manx going to support it??? It's the
	only "slightly-like-vi" editor around, and frankly for me too
	buggy and too "slightly" (Try Cntl-Tilde to Guru z ..! )

	Man, what I would give for a true blue (Tm of AT&T) vi clone ...

Derick Linegar, 12A Fleming Str. St John's Nfld. Canada A1C 3A2
UUCP:	{akgua,allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4,utcsri,uunet}!garfield!derick
EAN:	derick@garfield.mun.cdn
CSNET:  derick@garfield.mun.cdn@ubc.csnet
--

derick@garfield.MUN.EDU (Derick Linegar) (10/07/88)

In article <4914@garfield.MUN.EDU> derick@garfield.MUN.EDU (Derick Linegar) writes:
> ... [ deleted ]
>	only "slightly-like-vi" editor around, and frankly for me too
>	buggy and too "slightly" (Try Cntl-Tilde to Guru z ..! )
				      ~~~~~~~~~~

	Ooops, that is "Cntl }" for the purists ...

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (10/11/88)

In article <4918@garfield.MUN.EDU> derick@garfield.UUCP (Derick Linegar) writes:
)In article <4914@garfield.MUN.EDU> derick@garfield.MUN.EDU (Derick Linegar) writes:
)> ... [ deleted ]
)>	only "slightly-like-vi" editor around, and frankly for me too
)>	buggy and too "slightly" (Try Cntl-Tilde to Guru z ..! )
)				      ~~~~~~~~~~
)
)	Ooops, that is "Cntl }" for the purists ...

That's normally (documented as) Control-], which 'z' has, as well as
a couple of other keystrokes which use a secondary tags database,
for finding documentation and a single-line function calling sequence
description.

	jimm

I miss ctrl-Y and ctrl-E the most.
--