[comp.sys.amiga] Wanted - Atari and Amiga info in Rochester, NY

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP (Christopher Chiesa) (10/11/88)

I am soon to move from my school habitat of Muncie, IN, to my former hometown
and future workplace of Rochester, NY.  I have an Atari 800, an Atari 800XL ,
and an Amiga 1000 computer.  I've had pretty good support (service, other users,
information) out here, but am very out of touch with the corresponding support
in Rochester.

I would like to receive information on BOTH types of system (Atari 8bit, and
Amiga of any flavor), i.e. stores that carry associated products -- hardware
and software, user groups and clubs, BBS's, individual enthusiasts in the
area, and whatever else one can think of.

I recently visited Rochester for a few days, and stopped into Leon's Computer
Mart, where in the Good Ol' Days one could find virtually ANYTHING, but the
situation there was pretty pitiful -- one small, whimpering shelf of old stuff
comprised the entire Atari AND Amiga collection.

Now, come on, gang, if a small town in Indiana (great support in Marion) can
support both these brandnames, surely a supposedly-sophisticated (last time I
checked) city "back East" ought to be able to.  Please E-mail me ASAP, as I
am not a regular reader of this group and will be reading my mail by long-
distance telephone, if at all, after the 22nd !

Thanks in advance, and am looking forward to quite possibly MEETING some of
you when I get to Rochester!

 Chris Chiesa
  Atari and Amiga enthusiast, programmer, and computer fanatic!
--
UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!cfchiesa
cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP (Christopher Chiesa) (10/12/88)

In article <4261@bsu-cs.UUCP>, I wrote:

> Please E-mail me ASAP, as I
> am not a regular reader of this group [...]

Oops.  Yes I AM a regular reader of this group!  I forgot I had sent that to
three groups, TWO of which I am not a regular reader of.

I'll be posting Kermit65 and drivers here shortly; been having some questions
raised on this end, but to h*ll with 'em, you guys have been waiting long
enough!

Chris