[comp.sys.amiga] Preferences, Bug?

mikhe@tragicomix.liu.se (Mike Henry) (10/03/88)

	[Munch, Munch, Munchkin...		No Faery Tale!!]

After using SetFont to get a nice looking font for my Amy, I start prefs up.
Just to twiddle a bit, you now. I exit, and ZAAP, the nice font I ordered
earlier is gone in the titlebar of all my windows.

Is this NICE ??

		--Mike
--
UUCP : mikhe@majestix.liu.se OR					  	 ///
	{seismo,mcvax,munnari}!enea!liuida!majestix!mikhe		///

mlelstv@faui44.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Michael van Elst ) (10/05/88)

In article <952@tragicomix.liu.se> mikhe@tragicomix.liu.se (Mike Henry) writes:

>After using SetFont to get a nice looking font for my Amy, I start prefs up.
>Just to twiddle a bit, you now. I exit, and ZAAP, the nice font I ordered
>earlier is gone in the titlebar of all my windows.

Hello netpeople,

I noticed this problem when first trying the setfont program.
The point is, that noone notices if the screen font changes.
So Preferences tells workbench that it has a 60/80-character screen
and workbench installs the default font name "topaz".
For the font is only refered to in the Screen, but used in some
RastPorts (TextAttr against TextFont), Workbench closes sometimes
our font (that was installed via setfont). Sometimes our font
is closed too often. The results are mysterious and the guru is near.
Now, I just change the windows font, and there are no problems.

				Michael van Elst

E-mail: UUCP: ...uunet!unido!fauern!faui44!mlelstv

ecphssrw@afws.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (10/13/88)

In article <657@faui44.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>, mlelstv@faui44 (Michael van Elst ) writes:
>In article <952@tragicomix.liu.se> mikhe@tragicomix.liu.se (Mike Henry) writes:
>>
>>After using SetFont to get a nice looking font for my Amy, I start prefs up.
>>Just to twiddle a bit, you now. I exit, and ZAAP, the nice font I ordered
>>earlier is gone in the titlebar of all my windows.
>
>The point is, that noone notices if the screen font changes.

Right, everything goes back to topaz.  The FastFonts program (included
with 1.3 so it is really "supported" gets around this by patching up
the system font list so the OS thinks the font you want to use is named
topaz.  That is, if you do "FF -1 pearl.font", whenever you use topaz.font
in a program you'll get pearl, and vice versa.
--
Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
RCKG01M@CALSTATE.BITNET       ecphssrw@afws.csun.edu