[comp.sys.amiga] 1000-2000 hd controller, Dungeon Master, updates.

hodad@ut-emx.UUCP (William Fiveash) (10/15/88)

[ just for kicks ]

	I was wondering a few things.  Does anyone make a hard-disk controller for
the 1000 that could be used in a 2000 slot if one were to upgrade?  Has Dungeon
Master been released for the Amiga and what form of copy protection does it have
(I would like to install it on my hard-disk)?  How do you like CyngusEd?
	BTW, I have heard of a couple of upgrades.  Online! is now up to v2.11 but
the only major difference is that it supports the clipboard for compatibility
with the rest of Micro Systems line.  Quarterback is now up to v2.0 and will
back up to devices that appear in the MountList file in devs:.  This allows
backups to devices like the 1020 5.25" drive.
	I am not affiliated with anyone but myself.

Richard_Alan_Kaapke@cup.portal.com (10/17/88)

Dungeon Master for the Amiga is busy in heavy GURU sessions which are
being diagnosed and cured as you read this. I have not heard a solid
release date, as the definate release date of 30 Sept 1988 has already
come and gone.

I suspect Dungeon Master will be about as heavily copy protected as
Discovery Software's ARKANOID. I think (for memory reasons) they
will shut down multitasking. I know for certain this is a 1 megabyte
program! Also, the sound effects are in stereo and are vastly expanded
from the Atari ST version. I believe there's a bit of graphics im-
provement, being 32 colors rather than 16 to work with. It looked and
sounded great when I saw it at FTL; there's just some real-time
circumstances that always cause lockups or GURUs.

Richard Kaapke, voice of the Running Giggler "Heh-HEE-ha-ha!"
Consultant to, NOT spokesman for, FTL games.
Richard_Alan_Kaapke@PORTAL.CUP.COM

jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM (J. Dow) (10/17/88)

In article <6920@ut-emx.UUCP> hodad@ut-emx.UUCP (William Fiveash) writes:

>[ just for kicks ]
>
>	I was wondering a few things.  Does anyone make a hard-disk controller for
>the 1000 that could be used in a 2000 slot if one were to upgrade?  Has Dungeon
>Master been released for the Amiga and what form of copy protection does it have

The StarBoard 2 plus StarDrive can be ported to the first slot in the B2000
by using the rather modestly priced adapter card that Microbotics makes.
Until Kodiak got the HardFrame code mostly working that was my means of using
a HD on my A2000. Now it is back on the A1000 and working fine. (And HardFrame
is just about ready for packaging and delivery to a store near you. The main
reason *I* like it so much is the way it automounts and autoboots ALL partitions
as FFS here. Now *THAT* is the way to run a railroad!)

--
Sometimes a bird in the hand leaves a sticky deposit.
Perhaps it were best it remain there in the bush with the other one.

{@_@}
	jdow@bix (where else?)		Sometimes the dragon wins. Sometimes
	jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM		the knight. Does the fair maiden ever
	{backbone}!gryphon!jdow		win? Surely both the knight and dragon
					stink. Maybe the maiden should suicide?
					Better yet - she should get an Amiga and					quit playing with dragons and knights.