[comp.sys.amiga] New IFF-formats?

d85_kitte@tekn01.chalmers.se (Kristian Wedberg) (10/18/88)

Hi!

I'm working with the requirements on the file-structure of a rather
big program. I haven't decided yet if I'll do it the IFF way or create
an all out private solution.

Anyway, this got me wondering; what standardized IFF-formats are there?

I got the ANIM-specs from News; that's one. Three or four are explained
in the RKM's, and a couple more are mentioned. There must be more
formats than ANIM between -85 and now?!

So. What new formats are there, and how do you go about getting the
specifications on the interesting ones?

And. Is it common/Does it at all happen that non-graphic, non-wordproccessing,
non-musical programs use IFF???
(and if you ask 'what others are there?', I'll flame you till you drop :-)

Kristian Wedberg				d85_kitte@tekn01.chalmers.se
Chalmers University of Technology
Gothenburg
Sweden

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (10/18/88)

In article <269@tekn01.chalmers.se> d85_kitte@tekn01.chalmers.se (Kristian Wedberg) writes:
>Hi!
>
>I'm working with the requirements on the file-structure of a rather
>big program. I haven't decided yet if I'll do it the IFF way or create
>an all out private solution.

                                                    \
If you don't do it "the IFF way", don't do it.  (* __ \
						(*    /
						    /
- or you might as well do it on an ST...