[comp.sys.amiga] Signatures

keithd@cadovax.UUCP (05/27/87)

In article <8705232024.AA15280@cogsci.berkeley.edu> bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) writes:

>> Doug Merritt	ucbvax!ingres!hatcher
>
>That's the nutty old UUCP format.  Your nice new, slick domain format is:
>
>hatcher@ingres.Berkeley.EDU

Do me a favor though, don't remove the old UUCP address from your signatures
just yet, though add the new domain versions.  Some of us have mailers that
only seem to work with old addresses (*sigh*).

Keith Doyle
#  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd
#  cadovax!keithd@ucla-locus.arpa  Contel Business Systems 213-323-8170

childs@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (David W. Childs) (10/19/88)

Would it be that much of a problem for people to keep their
signatures a bit shorter?  If not please change your signature
on occasion.  For example, jdow, I am glad that you post, and you
are usually very informative, but my mind is getting sticky.
I don't mean to single you out, but you won by being the wrong
article.

I have and idea.  Is there anyway that news can be changed to
save signatures in a signature directory?  When one posts
an article, the signature gets stripped and replaced by an
address.  If the signature has changed, then it gets updated
in the directory, and everyone gets to see it for that article.
New readers will see all new signatures that arn't in their
signature directory.  Uh oh, I like this idea, maybe even
enough to do it.  For user who like to see the same signatures
over and over, a flag could be set to look up the signature,
and append it to every article by the poster.  I know all this
would be difficult.

It's not that I want to see less postings from anyone in
particular, it's just that I want to only see the informational
content most of the time.

I did not send this as a flame, and I will understand any
flames that I receive, I just had this urge come over me
and felt something had to be said/typed.  (I wrote this
letter two days ago, and still decided to send it.)

As for the code wheel, I think half of the numbers are bogus.
I was very glad to get f18fix.

David Childs