[comp.sys.amiga] Circuit Cellar Ink

ditto@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael "Ford" Ditto) (10/20/88)

In article <10181@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Though I've let my personal subscription expire (for various reasons (just
>wish Steve Ciarcia would write his stuff someplace ELSE)),
 [ ... ]

I got some good news in the mail this weekend:  a subscription offer for
"Circuit Cellar Ink", a new magazine featuring articles by Steve Ciarcia.
The December, 1988 BYTE will be the last issue to carry the Circuit Cellar.

I don't know anything about it other than what this brochure says, but
I do like their claimed goals and subject matter.  They also show pictures
of four issues, all with Robert Tinney covers.

I won't bore anyone with the text of the advertisement; I'll just say that
it sounds like it will appeal to anyone who liked Ciarcia's Byte series, and
I'll be sending in my order.

It's $14.95 for 1 year (6 issues).  Phone orders: (203) 875-2199,
mail orders: Circuit Cellar Ink, Subscriptoin Dept., 12 Depot Square,
Peterborough, NH 03458-9909.
--
					-=] Ford [=-

"The number of Unix installations	(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
has grown to 10, with more expected."	ford@kenobi.cts.com
- The Unix Programmer's Manual,		...!sdcsvax!crash!elgar!ford
  2nd Edition, June, 1972.		ditto@cbmvax.commodore.com

In article <5046@cbmvax.UUCP> ditto@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael "Ford" Ditto) writes:

>I got some good news in the mail this weekend:  a subscription offer for
>"Circuit Cellar Ink", a new magazine featuring articles by Steve Ciarcia.
>The December, 1988 BYTE will be the last issue to carry the Circuit Cellar.

Nahh. I'm waiting for Jerry to get his own computer magazine.

--
                           Point of light #999
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM    {backbone...err, well connected site}!gryphon!richard

ssd@sugar.uu.net (Scott Denham) (10/21/88)

In article <5046@cbmvax.UUCP>, ditto@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael "Ford" Ditto) writes:

> "Circuit Cellar Ink", a new magazine featuring articles by Steve Ciarcia.
>
> I don't know anything about it other than what this brochure says, but
> I do like their claimed goals and subject matter.  They also show pictures
> of four issues, all with Robert Tinney covers.

I'll jump in and put in a brief plug for C. C. Ink; if you enjoy fooling
with hardware or reading about fooling with hardware or just like to
know what's going on inside all these beige boxes, C.C. Ink is a
definite value.  If you enjoyed Steve's articles in Byte (and his wit)
you will almost certainly enjoy INK.  And despite it's diminutive size,
it's meaty. I spend far omore time with an issue of Ink than any BYTE in
recent history - the articles are interesting and articulate.  He's also
ventured into a few things way to far out for BYTE to ever swallow ...
like the design, construction, and instrumentation of a pressurized air
plastic bottle launcher!!!  Great stuff!  As that "other" BYTE columnist
would say...... highly recommended.

DISCLAIMER:  I have no association with Steve Ciarcia or Circuit Cellar
Ink except for that of a satisfied subscriber.

   Scott Denham

P.S. He's looking for techincal articles involving the Amiga, too!

root@sbcs.sunysb.edu (root) (10/21/88)

In article <7965@gryphon.CTS.COM>, richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> In article <5046@cbmvax.UUCP> ditto@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael "Ford" Ditto) writes:
> >
> >I got some good news in the mail this weekend:  a subscription offer for
> >"Circuit Cellar Ink", a new magazine featuring articles by Steve Ciarcia.
> >The December, 1988 BYTE will be the last issue to carry the Circuit Cellar.

	I subscribed to CC Ink recently - very nice rag indeed.  One of
	the early articles discussed (in Ciarcia style) a compressed air
	launcher for 2 litre sode bottles and instrumentation for the
	gantry :-).  Other issues had more on Steve's favorite - home
	control systems.  If you're a hacker, don't pass this one up.

> --
>                            Point of light #999
> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM    {backbone...err, well connected site}!gryphon!richard

				Rick Spanbauer
				SUNY/Stony Brook

bryan@cs.utexas.edu (Bryan Bayerdorffer) (10/22/88)

In article <7965@gryphon.CTS.COM> Richard Sexton luminates:
=---
=-                           Point of light #999

	Ok, but are we numbering from 0 or 1?

_No dark sarcasm in the classroom|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
|____Teachers leave the kids alone__|_____|_____|_____|_bryan@cs.utexas.edu___|