[comp.sys.amiga] Multiple Terminals---summary for the net

UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) (10/14/88)

Thanks to the 25 or so folks who responded to my question last week.
If you didn't hear from me, it's only because my mailer is sometimes
pretty obtuse.  There were a couple of pretty clear themes:

1.  HDS and AT&T make terminals that support multiple ports, have enough
memory to provide switching between screens, and so forth.  There is
one other such manufacturer, but the name escapes me at the moment.

2.  Use msdos under either Windows or DesqView (again, the name might not
be quite right.)

3.  There are some multiple serial port solutions for the Amiga.  One from
ASDG, and another forthcoming from CMI.  AmigaDos already multitasks.

4.  Other solutions that assumed we were using networked unix machines.

Thanks again.

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (10/18/88)

In article <57410UH2@PSUVM> UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) writes:

>1.  HDS and AT&T make terminals that support multiple ports, have enough
>memory to provide switching between screens, and so forth.  There is
>one other such manufacturer, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Also, the DEC VT-300 terminals have two ports that can be used as two
independent sessions.  You can switch between these two sessions with
one button.  Your screen is preserved between these switches too.

-- michael (XDECcie)

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (10/22/88)

From article <57410UH2@PSUVM:, by UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer):
: Thanks to the 25 or so folks who responded to my question last week.
: If you didn't hear from me, it's only because my mailer is sometimes
: pretty obtuse.  There were a couple of pretty clear themes:
: [Text deleted for brevity...]
: 3.  There are some multiple serial port solutions for the Amiga.  One from
: ASDG, and another forthcoming from CMI.  AmigaDos already multitasks.
:
	Actually, the Multi-port card is coming from NES, Inc *not* CMI.
The confusion came about because I was working for both comapnies at AmiEXPO.
CMI had their booth and I just brought some of our prototyping cards with
me. When I was talking to Marco about the eight port card, I was talking
about the NES card. CMI doesn't have one in the works! (But we do have a
couple of other neat things... RSN) :)

: Thanks again.
	Sorry for the confusion,
		Bill Seymour  President NES, Inc.
		Bill Seymour  Creative Microsystems Employee

--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
                               ...tektronix!sequent!blowpig!billsey