[comp.sys.amiga] Digitizers/Scanners

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (10/09/88)

In article <224@snll-arpagw.UUCP> paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) writes:

>Is there a digitizer or scanner available for the Amiga that has a resolution
>of 2K or larger in each direction?  Also, if there is one, does it support
>color and how many?
>--

Check out the scanner from ASDG.  It has incredible resolution, and even
supports HAMIf you want to see some of its output, etc., there are samples
in the ASDG section of CompuServe's AmigaVendor forum.  It is really impressive.

k>					-+= SAM =+-
>"the best things in life are free"
>
>				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

Betty Clay
      .....killer!pollux!bjc

In article <224@snll-arpagw.UUCP> paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) writes:
>Is there a digitizer or scanner available for the Amiga that has a resolution
>of 2K or larger in each direction?  Also, if there is one, does it support
>color and how many?

ASDG showed at AmiEXPO their twin-X based product that supports the SHARP
JX-450 color scanner.  The scanning resolution is 300 dpi, with scannong
capacity up to 11" x 17".  This is a COLOR scanner.

I think the scanner price is around $7000.  Eric, how about the software
specs?

-- Marco Papa 'Doc'

uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
 "There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Diga!" -- Leo Schwab [quoting Rick Unland]

jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM (J. Dow) (10/12/88)

In article <224@snll-arpagw.UUCP> paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) writes:

>Is there a digitizer or scanner available for the Amiga that has a resolution
>of 2K or larger in each direction?  Also, if there is one, does it support
>color and how many?
>--

Yes, there is. Check out the Sharp scanner and ASDG software that was just
announded at AmiExpo. It is not cheap at all. But the scanner supports color,
8 bits per RGB color at up to 300dpi.

--
Sometimes a bird in the hand leaves a sticky deposit.
Perhaps it were best it remain there in the bush with the other one.

{@_@}
	jdow@bix (where else?)		Sometimes the dragon wins. Sometimes
	jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM		the knight. Does the fair maiden ever
	{backbone}!gryphon!jdow		win? Surely both the knight and dragon
					stink. Maybe the maiden should suicide?
					Better yet - she should get an Amiga and					quit playing with dragons and knights.

eric@hector.UUCP (Eric Lavitsky) (10/23/88)

In article <12686@oberon.USC.EDU> papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:
>In article <224@snll-arpagw.UUCP> paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) writes:
>>Is there a digitizer or scanner available for the Amiga that has a resolution
>>of 2K or larger in each direction?  Also, if there is one, does it support
>>color and how many?
>
>ASDG showed at AmiEXPO their twin-X based product that supports the SHARP
>JX-450 color scanner.  The scanning resolution is 300 dpi, with scannong
>capacity up to 11" x 17".  This is a COLOR scanner.
>
>I think the scanner price is around $7000.  Eric, how about the software
>specs?

The Twin-X interface board with GPIB module and SpectraScan software to
control the JX-450 lists for $1,000. The software will do a full color
scan in one pass (that's 300 DPI at 24 Bits of color). There are also
numerous controls to allow processing and enhancing of the image and
all calculations are done based on the full 24 bit color map. Color
negatives, separations etc. are handled within the software and the
scanner itself can do all kinds of edge enhancement directly. The
product is available and shipping now for those who have serious
interest. Please call ASDG at (608) 273-6585 for more information.

>-- Marco Papa 'Doc'

-Eric Lavitsky

ARPA:	eric@topaz.rutgers.edu or eric@ulysses.att.com
UUCP:	{att,ucbvax}!ulysses!eric or {wherever!}rutgers!topaz!eric
SNAIL:	34 Maplehurst Ln, Piscataway, NJ 08854

"To err is human; To really f*ck up requires the root password."