[comp.sys.amiga] 1.3 and GOMF

eric@pyramid.pyramid.com ( sybase) (10/17/88)

	It looks like GOMF (at least version 2.2) doesn't work on 1.3 systems -
is this correct? I had started up GOMF, but then got nailed with a guru
anyway. Will GOMF 3.0 take care of this? Does anyone know of any other
software that specifically does not work with 1.3? (Not that I would give
up FFS, but I do want to start nagging software vendors to upgrade
their products.)

barrett@ektools.UUCP (Chris Barrett) (10/18/88)

I got 1.3 yesterday and got it all installed on my system which includes
GOMF 2.2.  I haven't had a problem booting every thing up, no GURU.  I
had a modified kickstart under 1.2 with 8 color Workbench and NoClickStart,
I have 1.3 kickstart modified for the 8 color WB but I don't have the source
for NoClickStart, does any one have this that they could E-mail to me?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

rochester!kodak!ektools!barrett

eric@pyrps5 (Eric Bergan) (10/23/88)

In article <1518@ektools.UUCP> barrett@ektools.UUCP (Chris Barrett) writes:
>I got 1.3 yesterday and got it all installed on my system which includes
>GOMF 2.2.  I haven't had a problem booting every thing up, no GURU.

	I should have been clearer in my original posting. I can certainly
boot and run with GOMF 2.2 installed on 1.3, its just that it doesn't
seem to catch GURU's anymore.

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (10/23/88)

In article <44361@pyramid.pyramid.com>, eric@pyrps5 (Eric Bergan) writes:
> 	I should have been clearer in my original posting. I can certainly
> boot and run with GOMF 2.2 installed on 1.3, its just that it doesn't
> seem to catch GURU's anymore.

This is weird. I'm using GOMF 1.0 (yeh, I'm a lazy cheapskate software
bludger) and it handles Gurus just fine under Workbench 1.3. I'm still
using Kickstart 1.2, though, since I can't Autoboot of RAD: if it's in
non-autoconfig RAM.

Speaking of RAD:, I was disappointed I couldn't mount two RAD disks and
diskcopy df1: into RAM on boot as well as df0:. Oh well, I can usually
start working as soon as df0: is in, so it's no big deal. RAD: and VD0:
co-exist just fine, so I can do subsequent boots as fast as ever.

Still wondering if I should resident anything beside Shell-Seg if I'm
running out of a 79 sector RAD:, since it does cost some extra RAM...
--
		Peter da Silva  `-_-'  peter@sugar.uu.net
		 Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?

	Disclaimer: I accept full responsibility for my own typos.