[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga to Mac conversion programs?

d85_kitte@tekn01.chalmers.se (Kristian Wedberg) (10/18/88)

I need to transfer files between the Mac and the Amiga, mostly FROM
the latter TO the former.

I've got an Amiga-program called MacView. It converts pictures,
but in the wrong direction.

So if you know of any Mac- or Amiga-program that converts pictures
or formatted text, please let me know.

kitte						d85_kitte@tekn01.chalmers.se

PS
	Today I discovered that it *IS* possible to do writes & deletions
	on write-protected discs. At least if you have my (special-edition?)
	1010 external discdrive :-(

mikes@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Shawaluk) (10/24/88)

In article <270@tekn01.chalmers.se> d85_kitte@tekn01.chalmers.se (Kristian Wedberg) writes:

>I need to transfer files between the Mac and the Amiga, mostly FROM
>the latter TO the former.
>
>I've got an Amiga-program called MacView. It converts pictures,
>but in the wrong direction.
>
>So if you know of any Mac- or Amiga-program that converts pictures
>or formatted text, please let me know.
>

>kitte						d85_kitte@tekn01.chalmers.se

It sounds like you have an older version of MacView; the newest one (version
1.2, I believe, but I may be wrong...) will convert in *BOTH* directions; that
is, it will convert MacPaint pictures to IFF files (alas, only what part
resides on the currently viewed screen, not the entire picture), or it will
optionally load an IFF file and attempt to convert the grey-scale information
to dithered patterns (you can play with the dithering coefficients a bit).
I assume the program's on a relatively recent Fish disk, or in a net archive,
or some other not-too-inconvenient location; I got mine  off of a local BBS
some time ago.  You might also contact the author (Scott Evernden, I believe)
for the latest version.

--
  - Mike Shawaluk       (...!uunet!uwmcsd1!lakesys!mikes)