[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga info needed

hedger@inmet (10/18/88)

I am considering buying a personal computer in the next few months and
I am looking for some information:
Can someone give me a rundown on what different models of the Amiga are
available and please list their features and approx. price ? Does anyone
know of any good Amiga dealers in the Boston area ? Does the Amiga support
things like SCSI drives (prices ?), expansion ports, etc. ? Is the
cpu/keyboard all in one box or is the computer separate from the keyboard?
Is standard software available (word processing, compilers, dbms's,
etc.)? What is Commodore's attitude towards the Amiga and its' customers ?
I had an Atari ST and I thought it was a pretty good computer, but it really
pissed me off that I could only find one dealer (1/2 hour out of town),
I couldn't find any documentation for the box or the operating system,
and I thought Atari's attitude towards their customers really sucked !
Is Commodore any better? Do accessories and documentation for the box
seem to be available and reasonably priced ???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
keith hedger
ihnp4!inmet!hedger

smann@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Shannon Mann - I.S.er) (10/25/88)

In article <204400002@inmet> hedger@inmet writes:

>I am considering buying a personal computer in the next few months and
>I am looking for some information:
>keith hedger
>ihnp4!inmet!hedger

Any possibility that this kind of information become a reqular posting,
say, once a month.  I have seen it done elsewhere, and it does save net
bandwidth.  Then again, you loose that personal touch :-)

        -=-
-=- Shannon Mann -=- smann@watdcsu.UWaterloo.ca
        -=-

'I have no brain, and I must think...' - An Omynous
'If I don't think, AM I' - Another Omynous