[comp.sys.amiga] AutoBooting & Seagate- HEY!!?

R38@PSUVM.BITNET (Marc Rifkin) (10/19/88)

Now wait a minute- is this right that since Seagate SCSI's take several
seconds to rev-up, and since the Autoboot in KS1.3 doesn't periodically
check the devices, that you can't autoboot from a cold power up, but
that once both the computer and drive are ok, you CAN autoboot by
Amiga/Vulcan key-pinch.  So, to boot from cold start, you power up,
wait till HD boots (while watching the funny hand with disk), then
RE-Boot. Am I right or am I not going to be able to A-boot?
-------
Marc Rifkin
R38@PSUVM.BITNET
101 Beaver Hall
University Park, Pa 16802
814-862-6848

"I don't speak for anyone, I'm not a ventriloquist."

joe@cbmvax.UUCP (Joe O'Hara) (10/25/88)

In article <57913R38@PSUVM> R38@PSUVM.BITNET (Marc Rifkin) writes:
>Now wait a minute- is this right that since Seagate SCSI's take several
>seconds to rev-up, and since the Autoboot in KS1.3 doesn't periodically
>check the devices, that you can't autoboot from a cold power up, but
>that once both the computer and drive are ok, you CAN autoboot by
>Amiga/Vulcan key-pinch.  So, to boot from cold start, you power up,
>wait till HD boots (while watching the funny hand with disk), then
>RE-Boot. Am I right or am I not going to be able to A-boot?

You're right.

  Joe O'Hara                ||  Comments represent my own opinions,
  Commodore Electronics Ltd ||  not my employers. Any similarity to
  Software QA               ||  to any other opinions, living or dead,