[comp.sys.amiga] Seikosha printer ROM & WB 1.3 print density

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (10/21/88)

I have a Seikosha SL80AI printer connected to my B2000. I have
heard that with the new 1.3 printer drivers it will be able to
print using all its 24 pins. However, there is a new ROM that
can be installed in the printer, giving it NEC P6-compatibility
(normally it's Epson LQ) and 360x360 dpi. I know that this figure
looks much better than it is, since the needles are not that thin,
but if the output is better than with the standard ROM...

To the questions:
* Can anyone give the print densities for the applicable drivers
  NEC P6 and Epson LQ (I don't know if the densities are the same
  for all drivers, the printers are not all the same) ?
* Has anyone compared the output of the SL80AI and the SL80IP
  (which is the knew name of the AI when sold with the new ROM
  and some other changes), preferrably using an Amiga and 1.3
  printer drivers ?
* Can anyone give the price for this ROM + a manual in West
  Germany or USA (the countries where it's likely to be cheapest)
  and perhaps a company to order it from ? I read an article in
  "Amiga Markt & Technik", nr 7/88, where they gave the price
  for ROM & manual to round DM 50 (which should be somewhat more
  than USD 25). In sweden the price including taxes is about
  DM 175 (or USD 90) so You may understand why I'm asking.

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (10/26/88)

In article <4017@enea.se> tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) writes:
>I have a Seikosha SL80AI printer connected to my B2000. I have
>heard that with the new 1.3 printer drivers it will be able to
>print using all its 24 pins. However, there is a new ROM that
>can be installed in the printer, giving it NEC P6-compatibility
>(normally it's Epson LQ) and 360x360 dpi. I know that this figure
>looks much better than it is, since the needles are not that thin,
>but if the output is better than with the standard ROM...
>
>To the questions:
>* Can anyone give the print densities for the applicable drivers
>  NEC P6 and Epson LQ (I don't know if the densities are the same
>  for all drivers, the printers are not all the same) ?

	from the V1.3 Enhancer manual......

EpsonQ (drives all Epson 'Q' series (24 pin) printers)
Density	XDPI	YDPI	XYDPI
1	90	180	16200
2	120	180	21600
3	180	180	32400
4	360	180	64800
5	same as 4
6	same as 4
7	same as 4

Nec_Pinwriter (drivers P5/P6/P7/P9/P2200)
Density	XDPI	YDPI	XYDPI
1	90	180	16200
2	120	180	21600
3	180	180	32400
4	120	360	43200
5	180	360	64800
6	360	180	64800
7	360	360    129600

	Note:  The two drivers are IDENTICAL with the exception of the
360 YDPI support in the Nec driver.  When the EpsonQ driver was written,
360 YDPI was not supported by any Epson product (it now is on some of their
nwer high end printers).