[comp.sys.amiga] Problem with FirePower modem game

darin@laic.UUCP (Darin Johnson) (10/26/88)

I am having problems using the two player modem game in
FirePower.  If anyone has hints or suggestions, I would
be appreciative.

Background: SupraModem (1200/2400 baud hayes compatible)
            Connected with 4 wire serial cable (one my Amiga)
	    1.2 and 1.3 Kickstart both tried

What happens is that when using the "CALL" gadget, nothing gets called.
In fact, no modem commands ever get interpreted by the modem.  What
does happen is that the correct Hayes command sequence gets echoed
in light grey, but the text echoed by the modem (in off-white) only
echos the first 2 characters of the Hayes command.  Occasionally,
those first two characters will be followed by typical modem garbage.
However, "OK" gets echoed back correctly (twice for each command),
so I don't think the baud rate is wrong.

For example: (lower-case/upper-case separates grey/white text on screen)

  atdt1234567
  AT
  OK

  OK
  ats0=?
  AT
  OK

  OK
  this is an invalid modem command
  TH
  OK

  OK
  sometimes garbage shows up...
  SOzSz~#h
  OK

  OK

Arghhh.  I was thinking of modifying the preferences on the FirePower
disk, but haven't tried it yet (would this help?).

Darin Johnson
leadsv!laic!darin@pyramid.pyramid.com

--
Darin Johnson (leadsv!laic!darin@pyramid.pyramid.com)
	"You mean I can't get in without my BADGE card?"

chimelis@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Chris Chimelis) (10/27/88)

In article <363@laic.UUCP> darin@laic.UUCP (Darin Johnson) writes:
>I am having problems using the two player modem game in
>FirePower.  If anyone has hints or suggestions, I would
>be appreciative.
>Background: SupraModem (1200/2400 baud hayes compatible)
>            Connected with 4 wire serial cable (one my Amiga)
>	    1.2 and 1.3 Kickstart both tried
>What happens is that when using the "CALL" gadget, nothing gets called.

I have had the same problem with my Avatex 2400.  My friend next door
has a Supra 2400 and can't call either.  If you get some suggestions,
please mail me a copy or post them.  Thanx.

Chris Chimelis

chimelis@refuge.colorado.edu
...ncar!boulder!refuge!chimelis
chimelis%boulder@colorado.bitnet