[comp.sys.amiga] GURU!!!

u-jleigh%sundial.utah.edu@utah-gr.UUCP (Jason Leigh) (10/25/88)

Does anyone know what this guru is?

	8700000B.265F48F1

I can't seem to identify it in any of the guru translation/detection
programs.

By the way, the program that caused this guru was a file copying program.

Reply to: jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Has anyone seen Pixar's latest feat, Tin Toy?

In article <2933@utah-gr.UUCP>(Jason Leigh) writes:
>Does anyone know what this guru is?
>	8700000B.265F48F1

Disk corrupt. This means the file system saw something really ugly on
your disk and threw up it's hands. You can fix the problem with a disk
editor and some patience.

>P.S. Has anyone seen Pixar's latest feat, Tin Toy?

Yes and I was pretty impressed. Of course I want to know when the little
guy will be available as a VideoScape-3D object :-)

--Chuck McManis

dsking@pyr.gatech.EDU ( David King) (10/26/88)

In article <74559@sun.uucp> cmcmanis@sun.UUCP (Chuck McManis) writes:
>In article <2933@utah-gr.UUCP>(Jason Leigh) writes:
>>Does anyone know what this guru is?
>>	8700000B.265F48F1
>
>Disk corrupt. This means the file system saw something really ugly on
>your disk and threw up it's hands. You can fix the problem with a disk
>editor and some patience.

               First, I have a Pacific Peripherals OverDrive and
a Fuji 30 meg disk.  This system is nice except for one minor (major!)
flaw - FFS has problems with it.  I would format a section and not be able
to use it:  executables would be corrupt and crash the disk.  The solution
was mentioned by jdow (thanks!)- use the MaxTransfer option to limit the
controller to only grabing a block at a time.  At first I tried limiting
it to 2048 bytes (4 blocks) and I had problems booting up.  After a random
period of my bootup, Persephone (my Amiga) would give that GURU.  I solved
the problem by lowering the MaxTransfer rate WITHOUT disk munging.  Try
this first!

	BTW, MaxTransfer expects the maximum number of BYTES it can transfer,
not BLOCKS as the documentation says.

				Good luck,
				- David
----
  David King
  dsking@pyr.gatech.edu

ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo L. Schwab) (10/27/88)

In article <74559@sun.uucp> cmcmanis@sun.UUCP (Chuck McManis) writes:
>In article <2933@utah-gr.UUCP>(Jason Leigh) writes:
>>P.S. Has anyone seen Pixar's latest feat, Tin Toy?

	Yes, I have.

	No, I won't be ripping it off.

>Yes and I was pretty impressed. Of course I want to know when the little
>guy will be available as a VideoScape-3D object :-)

	I'm cursed for life; you know that.

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	UUCP: pacbell > !{well,unicom}!ewhac