[comp.sys.amiga] My drives are clicking again!

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (10/27/88)

Okay, I've got 1.3 all installed, my hard drive is faster, (not
terribly, about 2-3 times faster, was hoping for more...) I now boot off
of RAD:, which is just big enough to mount the hard drive and transfer
control.  _But_ my drives are clicking again, so instead of just leaving
my drives empty, which I would prefer to do, I have to keep them plugged
to shut them up.  Now when I want to reboot, I have to (Well, I don't
really *have* to, but if I don't, what's the use of burning up RAM to
keep RAD: there in the first place??) take out the disk out of DF1:, let
it boot, then put it back in to shut the drive up again!!

(Deep breath.)

So, Bryce, (or anyone else) any chance we'll see a NoKLICKStart for us
lucky A1000 owners for the new 1.3 KLICKstart?  Please?

This confusing (and desperate :-) article brought to you by...
--
                               +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+
Eric Kennedy                   | Bush   &        |

pds@quintus.uucp (Peter Schachte) (10/28/88)

In article <13362@cisunx.UUCP> ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
>So, Bryce, (or anyone else) any chance we'll see a NoKLICKStart for us
>lucky A1000 owners for the new 1.3 KLICKstart?  Please?

While on the subject of patching kickstart, does anyone have a
1.3-compatible kickstart patch that'll stop KS from trashing $C00000
memory on boot?  I'd like to autoboot from RAD:, but my only memory
expansion is an Insider.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully,
-Peter Schachte				"Clean water?  I'm for clean water."
pds@quintus.uucp				-George Bush
..!sun!quintus!pds