[comp.sys.amiga] Usable standards

root@leo.UUCP ( Big Brother) (10/25/88)

    My 2 cents.

    Only 2 Amiga programs I can think of have useful hard disk requestors.

    One is Calligrapher, the other is Professional Page.

    (There are probably more, these just happen to stick out in my mind now)

    Why do I say this? Simple. Not everybody has dh0: and dh1: as partition
names. This will become even more a problem as people upgrade to 1.3 and
start partitioning their drives.

    What I like about these requestors is the fact that ALL 7 of my hard
disk partitions are available to me using only the mouse.

    Otherwise, I would have type in the particular partition name just to
get going.

    Why have a mouse if I have to type. Why even have a requestor?

    Nuff said?

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (10/27/88)

In article <3419@leo.UUCP> root@leo.UUCP ( Big Brother) writes:
>    My 2 cents.
>    Only 2 Amiga programs I can think of have useful hard disk requestors.
>    One is Calligrapher, the other is Professional Page.
>    (There are probably more, these just happen to stick out in my mind now)

>    Why do I say this? Simple. Not everybody has dh0: and dh1: as partition
>names. This will become even more a problem as people upgrade to 1.3 and
>start partitioning their drives.

Add the ARP file requester to that list.  It recognizes any logical or
physical device or volume.  Just click the right mouse button to get a
list of all the available devices.  It will include all your hard disk
partitions.

The one I really like is DPaint II's requester.  Now just what is "dh:"?

--
                               +-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+
Eric Kennedy                   | Bush   &        |

lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) (10/28/88)

In <3419@leo.UUCP>, root@leo.UUCP ( Big Brother) writes:
 >    Only 2 Amiga programs I can think of have useful hard disk requestors.
 >
 >    One is Calligrapher, the other is Professional Page.

CygnusEd Professional has a requester that puts up all devices, as well as
any logically assigned devices that it can fit into the space alloted.

-larry

--
If all the MSDos machines were laid end to end,
  they still wouldn't be as fun as a single Amiga.