[comp.sys.amiga] hard drive spin up

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (10/19/88)

>Yes. The Seagates take approx. 25 seconds to initialize from power-on.
>A) 25 seconds? My ST-157 takes 18seconds from first power to last "whir-beep"

My Rodime takes about 30 seconds.  I *never* have autoboot problems,
the Amiga *never* waits for it - it's too busy reading KS from floppy.

One less headache due to the A1000.	:-)

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"I can't tell the difference between ABC News and Hill Street Blues" -Bono

mlelstv@faui44.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Michael van Elst ) (10/28/88)

In article <9704@swan.ulowell.edu> page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) writes:
>My Rodime takes about 30 seconds.  I *never* have autoboot problems,
>the Amiga *never* waits for it - it's too busy reading KS from floppy.
>One less headache due to the A1000.	:-)

Everything has advantages and disadvantages.
My bootroms know where their harddisk controller is :-).

				Michael van Elst

E-mail: UUCP: ...uunet!unido!fauern!faui44!mlelstv