[comp.sys.amiga] Idea

brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) (10/27/88)

I was looking at the kickstart screen one day on my old Ami 1000,
and I thought, hey!  I've got 2 floppies and a hard disk.
Now, I almost never use the floppies, because of the hard disk.
I do keep floppies in both to keep them from whining
(feed me, feed me, feed me...)  so I thought that it would
be a really good idea to be able to keep the kickstart
disk in my df0: and my system disk in df1:.  This way,
I don't have to put in the kickstart to have my
computer reboot.

What do you think.  Is this a possibility?  I know that
PC-DOS machines can boot off of either a: or b:, so
why not the ami?

(flame suit donned :-)

brian m
--
Brian Moffet			{uunet,decvax!microsoft,ucscc}!sco!brianm
 -or-				...sco!alar!brian

kjohn@richsun.UUCP (John Kjellman) (10/29/88)

In article <1582@scolex> brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) writes:

>I was looking at the kickstart screen one day on my old Ami 1000,
>and I thought, hey!  I've got 2 floppies and a hard disk.
[...]
>be a really good idea to be able to keep the kickstart
>disk in my df0: and my system disk in df1:.  This way,
>I don't have to put in the kickstart to have my
>computer reboot.
>
>What do you think.  Is this a possibility?  I know that

This sounds like a great idea.  I would also be VERY interested
in it.  If something like this doesn't exist, if someone could
point (with a VERY large finger :-) me in the right direction
I might be able to hack it out......

					KJohn

P.S.
	As in I am very busy right now at work and home I would
prefer a precanned solution......
--
| Amiga ///   | Disclaimer: This is only a dream, it's only a dream ......... |
| Manic///.5K | One liners: I'm from the government, I'm here to help........ |