[comp.sys.amiga] Printer density in 1.3

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (10/19/88)

Could someone please tell which print densitys will be
supported in 1.3 ? I have a Seikosha SL80AI to which I
can get a ROM upgrade for higher density, and I want to
know if I have any use for the new ROM's.

Another subject: Anyone knowing anything about when/if
the AT card will be released? I have got some technical
specs on it and was pleasantly surprised to see that it
should contain 1 meg of RAM. The processor on the sample
Commodore Sweden has works only at 8MHz though, not 10
as announced.

A rumour says that they have problems with making it
possible to use the Amiga mouse as a PC mouse when running
PC programs.

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (10/24/88)

In article <4009@enea.se> tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) writes:
>Could someone please tell which print densitys will be
>supported in 1.3 ? I have a Seikosha SL80AI to which I
>can get a ROM upgrade for higher density, and I want to
>know if I have any use for the new ROM's.

	The printer densities supported under V1.3 are a function of the
printer specific printer driver.  Although there is provision for 7
separate printer densities, not all printers have that many.  The V1.3
drivers shipped on the Extras disk support all the densities
(above 80 x dpi) of the printers they support.  The correlation between
the density setting and the specific density is noted in the printer
section of the V1.3 Enhancer manual.

	I am not familar with the Seikosha_SL80AI, so I don't know if
any of the supplied drivers will work with it.

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (11/01/88)

In article <4028@enea.se> tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) writes:
>Sorry for my fuzzy first posting. We can say that I have a (slow)
>Epson LQ 500 and can upgrade it to a (slow) NEC P6. Will this get
>me better looking graphics ?

	The only thing it will do for you is give you 360x360 dpi graphics.
However, in this mode the dots overlap which is only useful in b&w mode.
Grey-scale and color prints tend to look muddy with overlapping dots.