[comp.sys.amiga] NoKlickStart 1.3

detert@lognet2.arpa (CMS David K. Detert) (10/31/88)

I thought 1.3 was not supposed to klick the drives when empty.  Anyway, to
stop it on A1000's, use diskzap to change a couple of values.  In block
014D, locate 086B0001 (middle row, bottom) and change it to 08EB0001.  Now
go to block 0001 and find 0D6F646F (far right row) and change it to 6CEF646F.
No just restart from cold and no more clicking.  Cheers, Dave

CMSgt David K Detert         ARPANet:  detert<at>lognet2.arpa

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (11/01/88)

detert@lognet2.arpa (CMS David K. Detert) wrote:
>I thought 1.3 was not supposed to klick the drives when empty.

"No functional changes in 1.3 except autoboot."  Jeez I think I should
get a T-shirt that says that.  Anyway, some drives are immune to
noKLICKstart, don't spread the rumor for 1.4 ok?

>Anyway, to stop it on A1000's, use diskzap to change a couple of values.

I could have given this information but many people don't want to get
diskzap and don't want to be munging their disks by hand; they want
a simple application they can run to do it for them.

>In block 014D, locate 086B0001 ... and change it to 08EB0001.
>block 0001 and find 0D6F646F (far right row) and change it to 6CEF646F.

BOTH OF THESE ARE WRONG!  Look at the source code I posted to see
the right values if you want to do it yourself.

>restart from cold and no more clicking.

No more kickstart either.  Poof.

..Bob
--