[comp.sys.amiga] BBX

24847843%WSUVM1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Shawn Clabough) (11/01/88)

A while back, I heard of a new BBS program being written by the X-man
called BBX. Has anyone heard what has been done so far or know the status
of this program.  I need something other than BBS-PC and better than
TAG-bbs.

                                   Shawn Clabough
                                   24847843@WSUVM1.BITNET
                                   Washington State University

hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) (11/01/88)

24847843%WSUVM1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Shawn Clabough) writes:
>A while back, I heard of a new BBS program being written by the X-man
>called BBX. Has anyone heard what has been done so far or know the status
>of this program.  I need something other than BBS-PC and better than
>TAG-bbs.
>
>                                   Shawn Clabough
>                                   24847843@WSUVM1.BITNET
>                                   Washington State University

Shawn (and others wanting to know)... Steve ("X") Tibbett is still
hammering away on BBX.  (He comes online on Plink almost nightly to
brag about it :-)  He's putting AREXX ports and a spell-checker into it.
Last I heard he was going to go commercial with it.  Who will publish
it, when, and how much it will cost I know not.

We've just had a "new" TAG-BBS uploaded to Plink - I think it's a
heavily modified version from the original sources, done by someone
other than Pat Hughes who originally wrote TAG.  I don't know what's
new about it - haven't downloaded it myself

There's also "Custom BBS" which is another commercial effort and has been
undergoing constant upgrades.  A new version is now running on the
"Private Eyes" BBS at 213-326-9860 which also includes an online
spell-checker and other enhancements.  You might want to call that board
and check it out.

Harv Laser, Sysop, The People/Link AmigaZone.  Plink: CBM*HARV
UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!hrlaser
INET: hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com
<---open            Push down while turning           close tightly--->

jimbo@well.UUCP (Jim Bolton) (11/07/88)

>A while back, I heard of a new BBS program being written by the X-man
>called BBX. Has anyone heard what has been done so far or know the status
>of this program.  I need something other than BBS-PC and better than
>TAG-bbs.

I will be ready for beta test on a bbs program in late December or early
January.  I'm currently looking for beta testers with different system
configurations.  If you are interested contact me via email.

The beta version of the bbs will concentrate more on messaging but will
have an upload/download area.  If you'd like to see what the beta version
will look like you can call the CUTE bbs which is running an early MSDOS
version of the software.  For further questions or information send email.

* CUTE SOFTWARE    Jim Bolton    P.O. Box 1496    Zephyr Cove, NV 89448 *
* (702)588-7179                      Call the CUTE BBS at (714)532-5698 *