[comp.sys.amiga] Writing disk blocks

gmg@hcx.uucp (Greg M. Garner) (11/07/88)

In article <1620@pur-phy>, tlm@pur-phy (Timothy Lee Meisenheimer) writes:
> Speaking of fixing up corrupted disks.....
>
> Is there something I'm missing when using the lasted version of
> Sectorama? I can repare the block etc. but when I tell it to
> write out to disk nothing is changed!
>
> tlm@newton.physics.purdue.edu

I have run into this same thing, but the fix for me was to run nofastmem
before firing up the disk editor. I haven't used sectorama, but I have
used several others, and none of them write if they are running in
fastram. I can only assume that they are allocating memory for disk
writes and no telling the system to make sure it is chip memory.
Anyway, try nofastmem, maybe it will work!

  Greg Garner
  501-442-4847   (No IP address yet, sigh... )