[comp.sys.amiga] is lattice REALLY ansi-compatible?

bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) (11/06/88)

I was under the impression that the following program:

    int foo(int bar)
    {
	return bar;
    }

was a valid ansi-c program.  HC (an ansi-compatible compiler) accepts
it, lattice c 4.1 doesn't.  The beginning of section 4 in the lattice
manual says that it complies with the ansi-c standard.

So does anyone know whether the above isn't really a valid ansi-c
program or is this a known bug in lattice?

Thanks, -Miles

toebes@sas.UUCP (John Toebes) (11/07/88)

In article <AXQysJy00UkaQKg0cg@andrew.cmu.edu> bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) writes:
>I was under the impression that the following program:
>    int foo(int bar)
>    {
>	return bar;
>    }
>was a valid ansi-c program.  HC (an ansi-compatible compiler) accepts
>it, lattice c 4.1 doesn't.
Lattice C V4.1 does not conform to the standard that has been voted out.
With the V5.0 compiler, we have moved toward this standard.

Note that 4.x does not support sequence points, stringizing, adjacent string
concatenation, or the signed keyword.  These and many other issues have been
addressed by the addition of the ANSI features to the 5.0 product.

/*---------------------All standard Disclaimers apply---------------------*/
/*----Working for but not officially representing SAS or Lattice Inc.-----*/
/*----John A. Toebes, VIII             usenet:...!mcnc!rti!sas!toebes-----*/