[comp.sys.amiga] ARP 1.3 ... The Next Generation ...

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (11/04/88)

[ "All sweet things have one thing in common ... a tendency to make you sick." ]
[                                    --Soolin                                  ]

There's been a fair amount of speculation here (and in my mailbox) as to what
is happening with ARP now that 1.3 is out.  I was on BIX the other day, so I
took the opportunity to ask Charlie about it.  His reply is attached.

Now, before we start rehashing ARP bugs and enhancement requests (unless you
feel something really needs some discussion), let me suggest that you email
me any comments, bug reports, etc.  I'll collect them, and pass them along
to Charlie.  If you do email me something, please put the word ARP in the
Subject line, and please make it clear if yours is a bug report, a general
comment, or an enhancement request (or a "mixed bag").

Yes, I am cross-posting this to both c.s.a & c.s.a.tech, since Charlie's
"adgenda" is of a technical nature, but I am also adding a "Followup-To:"
line to c.s.a (though some mailers don't understand that line).  Please
try and limit any posted followups to that group, or as suggested above, to
email.

Thanks!

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim

chas@gtss.UUCP (Charles Cleveland) (11/07/88)

In article <cchXK9aRy91010UX.1k@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
)There's been a fair amount of speculation here (and in my mailbox) as to what
)is happening with ARP now that 1.3 is out.  I was on BIX the other day, so I
)took the opportunity to ask Charlie about it.  His reply is attached.
)>                           .
)>                           .
)>                           .
)> I'll appreciate any other suggestions or reports of any bugs which
)> we haven't already heard about

Hmmm.  Which ones are those?  I posted one once which I've never seen anyone
else mention, but I have no idea whether it reached any ARP people.  So how
about an official list of known bugs, whether or not the next ARP is going
to address them?  Then these problems may only be posted that once, instead
of many times, and everyone will be the wiser.
--
-  It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be  -
-  coming up it.                                        -- Henry Allen  -