[comp.sys.amiga] Wow!!!

donw@zehntel (Don White) (11/05/88)

[Go ahead, make my day ...      signed, the first line of this text]

WOW!!!  Commodore did a fantastic job on 1.3! The new bells and whistles on
the printer preferences alone are worth the upgrade fee. I'm getting better
graphic output than I thought POSSIBLE on my Epson dot matrix printer.  And
I'm doing it with the STANDARD print functions on applications!!!

The 1.3  preferences has a  whole new screen  for printer options.  You can
choose to print a known number of pixels in x and y   ( or use only integer
multiples of screen dots on the printer, or set the number of  inches width
and height of the output, or set the PRINT DENSITY, or ...).

(I have an Epson LX80)
I started up Dpaint in HiRes using two colors. Then I changed the page size
to 1000 by 1000 pixels.   Then went  to  preferences and chose the graphic2
screen. I set integer scaling,  density was 6 (very high density),  I chose
scaling by pixel, and entered 1000 pixels for x and for y. I saved this and
quit back to a CLI.  I typed 'InitPrinter' and  AmigaDos  reinitialized the
printer without having to reboot! Then went back to Dpaint and printed.

What I got out of my printer was the best dot matrix print out  I have EVER
SEEN! It looked like LASER PRINTER output on an EPSON.

So! Now I can be just as proud of the Amigas' amazing print output as I can
of the graphics.

There are many other features in 1.3.  Each time you see  one  you think to
yourself 'Wow, I remember complaining about that!'

Thank you Commodore!

    Don White
    {ihnp4 | akgua | seismo}!zehntel!donw
    PO BOX 271177, Concord CA. 94527-1177

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (11/08/88)

In article <722@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel (Don White) writes:
>[Go ahead, make my day ...      signed, the first line of this text]
>
>WOW!!!  Commodore did a fantastic job on 1.3! The new bells and whistles on
>the printer preferences alone are worth the upgrade fee. I'm getting better
>graphic output than I thought POSSIBLE on my Epson dot matrix printer.  And
>I'm doing it with the STANDARD print functions on applications!!!
>
> (etc.)
>
>There are many other features in 1.3.  Each time you see  one  you think to
>yourself 'Wow, I remember complaining about that!'
>
>Thank you Commodore!

	For all of us, your quite welcome!  Its encouraging and rewarding
when the end-user appreciates ones work.

	Onward and up; to 1.4!  :^)